PDA

View Full Version : Haines Signature 600f

fisher73
02-12-2005, 07:11 AM
I am looking at a haines Signature 600f 03 second hand . I m wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or knows if they are a good boat? I am new to boating but very keen to get back into fishing as i have just moved to QLD.

haze
02-12-2005, 10:14 AM
The 600f is a great boat. I've had the 600f for about 6 months now and fished mainly in gulf waters is SA. It handles the these conditions well (mainly choppy waters) . I recently took it to the west coast where we experienced 30knts plus. The boat handle the conditions well. The skipper needed a few strong drinks when back on dry land. The lay-out of the boat suits my needs. Its a better finished boat than most fishing boats. The only two issues that I had was the wind screen. It is quite a high window, almost impossible to look over, once salt builds up on it it can be difficult to see through. The transom is a liitle cramped for space. Haines have sacrificed extra space on the transon for more fishing space. Thats fine, but not suited to everyones need (engine size etc.). the bait board for instance can not stay permately in the same position because the engine when tilted right up hits the board. This is annoying. As far as ride and handling, this want be a problem. Its a very safe boat. I actually found it easier to launch and retrieve than my previous boat; 14 foot tinny.
I hope this helps

fisher73
02-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks mate thats great to hear. How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?