PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

MAD-MIC
30-11-2005, 09:30 PM
G'day All,

There have been some stories on here lately about unscrupulous and dishonest outboard dealers/mechanics so I thought I would share a positive story that left me very happy.

I went to a Marine mechanic yesterday I hadn't been to before - Karee Marine in Rocklea with my boat and asked them to have a look at the motor (50hp tohatsu) as I was worried the motor was not idling well at the bottom end and it may have had something wrong with it. Left it there overnight.

I went to collect it this morning and the mechanic said he had worked on it for about an hour yesterday and he couldn't find anything wrong with it - it was performing as any 2 st would - normally. He simply adjusted a few mixture screws, adjusted a couple of other screws here and there and said he wouldn't charge me for anything and sent me on my way. The motor even sounds better than when I left it with him.

I know it's not a huge thing, but what you would expect to happen here is to be told of all these imaginary things that are wrong with the motor and to be told to have your wallet open ready to pour $$ into fixing problems that aren't there in the first place.

As someone who doesn't trust anyone who works in the motor/marine trade I nearly keeled over.

After having my motor serviced previously elsewhere by people I was concerned about, guess where I will be going next time?

JubJub
30-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Thats what its all about hey. Do the right thing and you keep coming back.
Good to hear there is still some out there that understnad the meaning of customer service

finga64
01-12-2005, 08:06 AM
And now he'll probably have another 20 customers from this site alone.
Good old bush telegraph...

bigmack
01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Guys - If you have good service or feel great about the way someone treated you - just send them a small thank you note. It will make them feel like the exercise has been worthwhile and also tell them that you told all your mates. I think thats the second time I have heard good things about those guys on this forum.

My outboard mechanic was really interested in feedback and wanted me to call him back to let him know how my motor was going - too easy. It gives them some satisfaction over and above being a mechanic and wage slave.

Cheers
Phill

saphire
02-12-2005, 10:47 PM
I always love hearing about people who give great service. I am going to remember this story when I need to get my motor worked on next time.
Your mechanic sounds like a nice person.
saphire.

rajawolf
03-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Very good customer service!! :)