PDA

View Full Version : Markham Dominator

Megatop
04-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Anyone have a Markham Dominator 7000 or heard anything about them? Interested in your opinions

perko
04-12-2005, 09:34 AM
My personal thought would be that they are awsome boat. Never been for a run in one but I have had a good look at one at a boat show. Are you asking about the current Canyon Runner? Foxy is the man to talk to. He has one and his reports speak for themselves. I think they would be as close to the perfect maxi trailer boat that you could get.

trout3030
04-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Better than your sailfish?

perko
04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Good one stuie. Love the sailfish but still have a burning desire for a Dominator. One day. Save your pennies stuie and I will keep the Sailfish in tip top shape for you guys.

dfox
04-12-2005, 04:50 PM
G-day mate, ive got one and have done alot of fishing hours in it, i can help you with any quieries... ph 0419757955 ...foxy

Smithy
04-12-2005, 06:31 PM
How do the 2400 Offshore Kevlacats fit into the scheme of things?

dfox
04-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Smithy, there a good hull, i looked at the 2400 carefully when i was in the market for a boat. Although its hard to compare without going into detail , my reasons for going a dominator breafly were that the dominator is a larger vessel then the kevla, i didnt like the way the kevla carried 4 strokes, it sat arse heavy in my opinion and i wanted a vessel that could carry and support at least five blokes and 4 strokes and (fish) when bottom bashing and everyones down the back. I couldnt see the kevla 2400 doing that. The aluminium pods dont do it for me, there like an add on, dont aid in water line length and offer less in floatation. When it came to price they werent in the ball park, not even close, although i must admit the dominator is sneaking up now as well.
Both have there pro's and con's and you'd be a fussy bugger not being happy with either, but im happy with my decission...foxy