PDA

View Full Version : My dealings with CGU boat insurane

blaze
07-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Phone the company and lodge a claim on 28th of Nov, accessor checked and valued damage and discussed desirable outcomes for all concerned.
Got the word today that my hull has been declaced a write off.
I have purchased the hull off the insurance company for $500 and they will be depositing the balance into my account tonight.
Dont know how CGU compare to other companies on price, for speed of service and friendly people I have had to deal with, I GIVE THEM THE BIG THUMBS UP.
To insure my hull when completed I will need to have it surveyed by an engineer, at this point I am talking to MAST in tassie and may well build to survey and have it surveyed.
I have the first stringer nearly shaped in the hull. They will be 230mm X 75mm fibaglass stringers at a cost of $400 for the pair. They will run the full lenth of the hull.
Might start another rebuild story when I have the stringers glassed in
A happier blaze with a shit load of work in front of him
I am a good deckie and available
cheers
blaze

revs57
07-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Good new Blaze!

Congratulations...look forward to the pics of the rebuild

cheers

Rhys

revs57
07-12-2005, 08:26 PM
BTW..any time you're in Brisvegus I'd be happy to have you deckie...The Flamin' Rip Tide is nearly there

blaze
07-12-2005, 08:41 PM
thanks rev, bit of a worry when ya read about all the bad news stories with insurance companies. I said in another post about 3 local boats busting, well I know of one other that the accessor looked at on the same day as mine and there was a bit of a concern that one may have been under insured (acording to the acessor) but the boat has already been repaired and the repairer paid by the company (CGU) and that one had a longitudinal split of about 4 foot on the starboard side of the keel about 6" away. Probable cause of that one was poor trailer and finally busted on a wave.
cheers
blaze