PDA

View Full Version : Cracked welds....it had to happen

Billo
07-12-2005, 10:26 AM
well ....almost 2 years after the purchase , IV PLAY has finally surcumbed to the pressure of my FAT A$$

The braces for the pedistool seat for the drivers side ...welds have all cracked through

Does anyone know who is the best ...or CHEAPEST place to get some aluminuim welding done up around Bribie ?

Also , my 27 meg radio is failing to power up .
checked the fuse and wiring to the battery ...all should be good .
ANyone know of any normal breaking points to look at ? ( Brand - GME )
can't complain i guess ...over 20 months without a need of repairs....guess it had to happen some time

finga64
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
check that power is getting to the plug that plugs into the radio. If power is getting to the radio then it's time to get a new radio. There's one in the BCF catadog for $100
good x-mas pressy for the boat. ;D

Willo
07-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I had the on off switch fail had simialar symptoms. If I turned it on and off reall quick a few times it would power up for a while . Ended up gettin new radio

David_P
07-12-2005, 09:36 PM
well ....almost 2 years after the purchase , IV PLAY has finally surcumbed to the pressure of my FAT A$$

The braces for the pedistool seat for the drivers side ...welds have all cracked through

Does anyone know who is the best ...or CHEAPEST place to get some aluminuim welding done up around Bribie ?

G'day Billo,

Why don't you give Col at Fisher Boats a call, 34080722. He may be able to help you and is on Bribie.

Regards,
Dave.