PDA

View Full Version : North Gold Coast Ramps

2iar
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi All,

I'll be doing the right thing and taking the Mrs and young 'un out this weekend, having enjoyed two consecutive weekends fishing with mates.

The wife fancies somewhere on the northern end of the Gold Coast. I'll be wetting a line, but nothing heavy, just a bit of cruising an picnic on a little beach somewhere.

I've got the charts and Beacon to Beacon, so that's no worries, but I've never launched down there, other than to test the boat from Runaway Bay.

I've heard Jacob's Well ramp can get a bit "lively", particualrly on weekends, so I was after some advice about ramps in the area. I don't mind paying if need be, as I'd like to ensure as hassle-free and peaceful an experience as possible.

What are my options, and what would Ausfishers recommend? I'll probably be putting in about 8am, and out again early afternoon...

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Argle
12-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Horizon Shores - you pay for it but you get a good ramp plus pontoons/wharves for loading an offloading wives/kids/gear etc. Nice and sheltered and hassle free! 8-)

Cheers

frankj
12-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Mike

Not sure what sort of boat you have but Paradise Point has a good ramp. 3 lanes always protected from the wind, with a beach area to one side. Parking can be an issue at the weekend but I've never failed to get a park somewhere.

Frank

rajawolf
12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Mike,

Have a look here has video reviews of ramps.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/boatramps/

Seaworld Drive Boat Ramp...just be careful looking at water right side of ramp sand builds up....I got bogged there.

rajawolf
12-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I just played the video of the Seaworld Drive Boat Ramp....should have watched it myself before I went there..and I would not have got bogged in my 4x4....as explained, it get's a lot of sand buildup. ::) :P

-Sharp
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I've heard Jacob's Well ramp can get a bit "lively", particualrly on weekends,

True it can get really busy, i suggest going to Cabbage Tree great for launching. You'd be able to find it in a referdex, you go in the same direction as Jacobs Well, except you take a turn (where the old boat shop used to be that was full of shark cats).

Spaniard_King
12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
lol..Raja

The ramp next to the Gold Coast Bridge turning into Sea World Drive has good facilities as well

Garry