PDA

View Full Version : SPARK PLUGS LEADS

redspeckle
12-12-2005, 05:26 AM
Yep this is the second time I have broken down heading over the South Passage >:
I found again the spark lead had come off it must have viberated off while heading over the bay (it was only one out of the four spark leads)
The thing about these spark plug leads is how attach to the spark plug they have a wire coil attach to actual spark plug at the other end of the have a bent wire spike that go's thorugh lead where aslo some of it exposed wire is showing
I know the cowling is very close to the back of the motor so I am very careful when putting it on I go now back down first the front part last
Is there a much better system of lead & spark plug being attached on
so they want come off easily
Mitch

DAVE_S
12-12-2005, 08:10 AM
mate try changeing the screw on end on the plug and also change the rubber cap on the coil lead, this needs to be a tight fit for sealing out moisture not mush on the market because it has to be a 90 degree bend if this fails put a zip tie around the rubber cap to hold it tight on the plug good luck

HarryO
12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Spot on advice, Dave..

God, aren't zip ties one of the best invention ever...

I keep packets of em, all sizes, in the car, boat, toolbox, shed,
camping locker, kitchen junk drawer, everywhere..

not for permanent fixes, tho, but temporary ''get u home''
type repairs...

and duct tape, um.. and hose clamps, tie wire,
loc-tite 406 superglue, and sikafkex, and.......

Harry...

Spaniard_King
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Failing zip ties...replace the leads..sounds like they have been around a a while..reading your other posts ;)

Garry