PDA

View Full Version : The Boat

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
I have been trying to get some pics of my boat underway..finally had the chance today. Walked out to the entrance at Horizon Shores..amazing at what can be seen there

PinHead
another

PinHead
and another

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:33 PM
still another

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
more

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't mind the deckie

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:35 PM
fisheries with 2 police aboard also

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:36 PM
anyone recognise this bloke ?

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
feeding time at the marina

PinHead
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
more of the "pets"

revs57
10-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Mate..nice photos

Wont be long before we're out there joining you...

Looks like a great mother ship for a Pin M&G

Cheers

Rhys

rajawolf
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I have been trying to get some pics of my boat underway..finally had the chance today. Walked out to the entrance at Horizon Shores..amazing at what can be seen there

Pin, mate thought you were going to say see my boat underway...someone stole it. :D
Then I seen the deckie pic and lost track of the rest! ;D

troy
11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
The deckie is way better looking than your boat but your boat is pretty impressive and good luck to you.
troy

88fishframe
11-12-2005, 08:31 AM
If I had a boat like that it wouldn't be long before the 'deckies' were lining up ;D ;D ;D Unfortunately, it is as I always suspected, my law abiding job as a superannuation manager just doesn't pay enough :-?

madman1
11-12-2005, 09:28 AM
That deckie looks about 12 Greg. Shame, Shame, Shame.

Nice looking rig there though.

Talk soon.

Cheers

Mark

bidkev
11-12-2005, 02:04 PM
She looks the goods mate and so does the boat ;) ;D

Tell me, does that marlin board drag the water when you're well underway. Was thinking of tagging a railed one onto the Sea Legend <sigh..another 4 grand> but the deckie hasn't yet plucked up courage to drive the bugger when on the plane. I can't get to see how low she'd be at the stern or whether the board would drag.

cheers

kev

PinHead
11-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Mark...I can assure you that the deckie is well past 12..add about another 10 years..i was just too slow getting the camera in position to get a front on shot.

Kev..the marlin board is clear of the water when underway....you can stand there when underway and not get wet feet...I am going to mount the barbie on the rails at the back..anchor near Short Island on a winter's evening and cook some onions..might have some of the tinny brigade salivating..LOL

wewak1111
11-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Mate, you get lotsa them deckies over on the coast? ::)

PinHead
12-12-2005, 05:00 AM

Tell me, does that marlin board drag the water when you're well underway. Was thinking of tagging a railed one onto the Sea Legend <sigh..another 4 grand> but the deckie hasn't yet plucked up courage to drive the bugger when on the plane. I can't get to see how low she'd be at the stern or whether the board would drag.

cheers

kev

Kev,
If you are launching down at Maas' or Horizon Shores at any time..I can meet you there and give it a run if you want to check out the clearance on your boat.

bidkev
12-12-2005, 07:29 AM

cheers

kev

Kev,
If you are launching down at Maas' or Horizon Shores at any time..I can meet #you there and give it a run if you want to check out the clearance on your boat.

Cheers mate. I'm down sometime in the new year but I'm meeting someone down there who goes camping with us so it'll be sorted then. I'll let you know when we're down though so we can catch up.

cheers

kev

-Sharp
12-12-2005, 12:53 PM
okay we can agree on that the deckie is a total babe, but back to the related discussion compared to all your deluxe cruisers is my boat, i think that it's about 10 years old

4.6 Centre Console Stessco
60 HP Marina Motor - Long shaft
Electric Tilt, Electric start
Plenty of rod holders
Bimey Top
Storm Covers
All emergency equip - including EPIRB
Bilge Pump
Live Bait Tank
Fish Finder - DP
Depth Sounder
Stereo system - 2 X 180 watt speakers (i got bored so put that in)
Immaculate Trailer - Jelly Bean Mags on it
Hydrolic Steering - would never go back to cables
Cup Holders #;D

Oh and a stainless steel prop ($250)

It probably looks small in the pic, but it is adequate in water, im yet to cross a bar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/Ads_17/Picture020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/Ads_17/Picture016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/Ads_17/Picture017.jpg

Shell
12-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Great pics.........Beautiful boat

-Sharp
12-12-2005, 01:42 PM
you'd never guess how much i paid for it

$8, 000 you can't go wrong for a boat like that for as cheap as that.

bidkev
12-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Have you seen a doc about that stammer? ;) ;D

ekv

-Sharp
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
sorry about that, my internet was being stubbourn

MICHAELG
12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Greg
I didnt recognise you(maybe thats because of the bushes you where in );D
And I agree the deckie is deffinately older, she actually camps near me quite often. it a great little boat.

If the weathers ok this w'end i'll be down there again, let me know if you'll be around, we'll come over and have a beer on the rear deck

michael

rajawolf
12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Greg
And I agree the deckie is deffinately older, she actually camps near me quite often. it a great little boat.

If the weathers ok this w'end i'll be down there again, let me know if you'll be around, we'll come over and have a beer on the rear deck

michael

Pinhead mate,.....can you try them bushes again this weekend, and get a front pic.. ;D

Michael when are you going camping again...maybe I could tag along and do Gregs "wild bird watching".. from some bushes.. ;)

PinHead
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Greg

michael

Michael..."in the bushes"..LOL...there is about 4 lousy lil trees there..it was too hot in the sun to stand there for long.

Kev..show your deckie the pics...that is my missus driving the boat in most of those pics..she was getting a lesson on driving the boat..I am the world's worst teacher (bugger all patience) so for $80 for 2 hours it was money well spent.

MIKOS
13-12-2005, 11:30 AM
more of the "pets"

Pinhead,

What sort of fish are your pets? ;D

MIKOS

PinHead
13-12-2005, 02:22 PM
more of the "pets"

Pinhead,

What sort of fish are your pets? ;D

MIKOS

mainly bream with the odd small dart in amongst them at times. There ia a good size jack that appears occassionally also.

MIKOS
13-12-2005, 04:07 PM
cool ;D

Its amazing the fish that congregate at the marinas and pontoons etc.

I was blown away with the fishing championship that was shown on tv on the weekend wit the good quality coming from the canals in the middle of the day.

by the way you boat is a friggin rippa. ;)

good luck taming that deckie ;D

Cheers

mike