PDA

View Full Version : JOHNO 2 STROKE ISSUES

youngfisho
13-12-2005, 05:17 PM
My johno 2 stroke OB 70hp 99 model is beeping (on the tacho\dash readout) every time I go over a bump. The beep lasts for half a second then stops. Some thirty seconds or more later it will beep again. The motor appears to be running fine, and I have reprimed the oil line to eliminate air bubbles affecting the oil level sensor. There is plenty of oil in the reservoir and the tell tale is not blocked.

Can anyone help me out? any one had similar issues?

andrew

bring on the new rig

clutter
13-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Not familiar with the motor but you could try checking the connections on any senders on it and make sure they are not loose or deteriorated. Other than that I'm sure someone else willbe able to offer some insight. I think Blaze knows a bit about them.

Clutter

craigie
13-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Andrew,

What size (hp) is your Johno ? and also the model (year) ?

A mate of mine had a 70hp, 1997-1998 model that "expired" prematurely due to the oil injection failing !! The donk would barely have done 100 hrs !!
He had it down at Springwood marine getting it checked out and was told it was a $5000 job to rebuild it.
Aparently it was a fault with that model of engine.

Get it checked out before something major goes wrong.

Regards
Craigie.

Spaniard_King
13-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Andrew.

1 beep is the oil level sensor in the oil tank.

I would recommend that you disconect the VRO and use premix as they are not a reliable oil injection system ::)

I think you should look at it like this..Can you afford a $5000 repair bill :o if not you should be mixing the oil in the petrol as long as you are vigilant when refueling your engine will last a long time.

cheers

Garry

redspeckle
13-12-2005, 08:44 PM
I fully agree with in what Spaniard_king said in his post
I have johno 90hp V4 its had VRO on it but after hearing story's that they failed on regular base's I got it dissconnected straight away now its a per mix at 50ml to 1 litre of fuel EG 240ml oil to 12 litres of fuel and been good so far nearly two years ago now ;)
Mitch

youngfisho
13-12-2005, 10:19 PM
sounds like I might do that next service. Which is only a month away.

andrew