PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Launchers

Jackko
14-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Have been looking at the rocket launchers sold by bias and others for around $179...has anybody got one
would like any feedback as to quality ect...

JK

HarryO
14-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi John,

sussed them out myself the other week....

Dunno, a bit weak and flexy, don't think I'd be trusting
the overheads in it while underway....

But I'm paranoid, tho...

Harry

rajawolf
14-12-2005, 10:04 PM
They work just fine..have a set on my boat ..cheap but work..I have filled the six holders with tss4's and tld25's no problems.!!!

fishingnottake
14-12-2005, 10:09 PM
nah mate they're dodgey, toss rods out left right and centre

fishingnottake
14-12-2005, 10:10 PM
sorry they're actually pretty good, like raja said, very solid and hold the rods well

Jackko
14-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback , looks like I'll give them a go..

3Vs
15-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Worthwhile securing the nuts on the holders with locktite or silkaflex - have found they can shake loose.

Cheers

rajawolf
15-12-2005, 02:41 PM
3Vs, good advice....I better to do that to mine..as the holders hang from the bottom, they will fall if nut comes loose.

I also place a spring strap around the reels so they cannot jump out of the rod holder in rough conditions.

Cheers mate, # :)

Tony

pegasus
15-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi JohnK, I have one of those rocket lauhchers- trimmed some of the front leg (more)130mm and some off the rear leg(100mm) and have made that as the rear bow for my bimini- its been several months and have no problems to date- I guess a custom job would be more solid but then again much more in cost. I did the trimming as above to adjust the angle so the rods stood more acute(straigther) so not to interfeere with rod waving in the rear. I can still stand underneath the bimini and could have taken a bit more of the front leg.I have some times used a cord as a safety retenion strap just in case in the rough.

Good tip above about the locktitie or similar.

cheers
lew

HarryO
15-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey Fellas...
no offence intended, whatever "floats your boat" as they say...

Re-inforcing them in someway would be the go,
I'm paranoid as I said, I wouldn't fit a plastic rod holder
to a boat.

Prefer overkill for peace of mind.

Harry...

polydriver
15-12-2005, 10:38 PM
I fitted on to my boat. ONe problem as mentioned the bolts holding the plastic rod holders can come loose. One occasion in pretty heavy waters one came loose and I lost a rod over the side.

I hang onto mine in rough water without a problem, mounted the GPS antenna on it. Fitted overhead lights to it. It shakes and shimmies a bit in the rough but so far has worked a treat. For the money I cant complain.

It says on the box that they fold down but it doesnt. I use a bolt and wing nut in the rear legs and then lower it onto the front and tie down with occi strap.

If you cant afford one of the fancy and expensive solid stainless launches, its definately a good alternative.