PDA

View Full Version : If your trailer was stolen...

25_ponies
17-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I was thinking about what I would do if I came back to the ramp and found no trailer (or car even). Not a lot of my friends have trailers just sitting around spare.

Let's assume we're talking about a size that requires a braked trailer, not just a car topper.

What would you do ?

krazyfisher
17-12-2005, 09:32 AM
first off cry

than ring a marine dealer that I deal with tell them what has happened. than ask if they can help also tell them that if the old one is not found I will buy one from them.
and just hope that they would help

fishingnottake
17-12-2005, 09:54 AM
head back out fishing

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
17-12-2005, 10:08 AM
head back out fishing

i cracked up at that!!!!

88fishframe
17-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd check that I came back to the right ramp ;D

Then I'd go buy a baseball bat :'(

The_Walrus
17-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Phone the RACQ tow truck and get the boat winched onto the tray. :)

Then delivered home. :D

The first time I ever launched my boat I came back to find someone had tried to steal my trailer. :-[

Thank god for the trailer lock. It was bent out of shape but the pricks couldn't remove it.

Luc

darryl_l
17-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I returned to find all the rollers removed from my trailer so I rang the police first, told them I was heading in to the town reach ramp then rang the local dealer who was only too happy to loan me a trailer to get the boat out of the water. Once it was safe I took the rollerless trailer in to the dealer and got them to do some other work on the trailer as it was half stripped anyway and got them to put the new rollers on then got on to insurance with the police report. What else can you do??

Darryl L

slyham775
17-12-2005, 05:09 PM
good point to head back out fishing lol .... never thought about it .... lol.... thank,s i will be wacthing this room how all those ppl got them out in the end .... so i know what to do next time ;D ;D

Sweetlip
17-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I have heard that a standard trick of trailer thieves is to wait until you drive off to borrow a trailer and then take your boat.

coasty
17-12-2005, 07:52 PM
it happened to a mate of mine. he parked at woy woy, when he came back the car and trailer were gone. when he came back with another trailer the boat was gone.
nobody saw a thing. good news was it was found nearly into qld. the thieves only got 4 years.
that stinks.

Spaniard_King
17-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Had my trailer stollen one night fishin outtside of currumbin, came back ..walked towards the car lookin and thinkin Where the F#@K has that trailer gawn ::)

Had to ring a mate with the same boat as me, he came down put his in then pulled mine out. Took it home and dumped mine on me front lawn. Then went back and pulled his out...Had a mate lookin after his ::)

Worst part was I only valued the trailer for $500..big mistake..$2200 and 6 weeks later I had a new one :(. insurance companies do not care if ya cant go fishin :'( :'(

The B@$tards wont get another one of mine ;D

cheers

Garry

scuttlebutt
18-12-2005, 09:34 AM
it happened to a mate of mine. he parked at woy woy, when he came back the car and trailer were gone. when he came back with another trailer the boat was gone.
nobody saw a thing. good news was it was found nearly into qld. the thieves only got 4 years.
that stinks.

Unfortunately, 4 years is a pretty huge penalty for that crime. The crims in question must have had an extensive history to get that much.

cheers,

steve

martini
19-12-2005, 09:52 AM
After reading the replies I ask myself
"What would be the best deterent to stop your trailer being stolen?"
I have a trailer lock and also lock the safety chain to the car. Any other ideas?

Cheers Noel

dnej
19-12-2005, 11:50 AM
I know of a guy, had his trailer stolen, beached his boat, went for help, came back, and the boat was gone as well.
David

youngfisho
19-12-2005, 01:43 PM
in south africa they have a security system whereby they mount propane tanks under neath their vehicle. If the car is broken into the propane tank emits a burst of flame which mames or burns the theif......................if only that were introduced in Australia attach that to your trailer ;D.

andrew

rajawolf
20-12-2005, 12:15 PM
in south africa they have a security system whereby they mount propane tanks under neath their vehicle. #If the car is broken into the propane tank emits a burst of flame which mames or burns the theif......................if only that were introduced in Australia attach that to your trailer ;D.

andrew

LOL @ Africa..

In the paper one time many years ago ..Paris taxi's had been installed with electrified rear seats for driver safety..one push of the hold-up button and your toast sort of.. :o ;D