PDA

View Full Version : Which boat to buy

pjpw52
20-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Have narrowed the list to three Brooker 4.10 Fisherman, Allycraft 4.10 Rhino or a Snyper 4.00 Ventura
the Snyper seems to come with the most standard features.
Any comments or alternatives would be appreciated

peter

thumps
21-12-2005, 07:44 AM
get the one that you feel does what you want

;D

New_fisher
21-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Gday, dont know too much about the other two, but I bought a 4.1. rhino about six months ago, love it, lots of freeboard for its size, quite stable. I took it outside with my brothers boat a while ago (he's got some 25ft fiberglass monster) once outside he ran rings around me due to him being heavy and carving through the waves whereas I got a sore back slapping on top of them, but for inside fishing, tubing etc, I would say it's near on perfect, Cheers Ray

P.S. I have the 40hp yammy two stroke 3 cyl on the back - only way to go, someone warned me that it would be too much, but it is the perfect complement to the boat, really works well.

winston
21-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Dear Peter, I'm sure all three boats are very good. I can share some of my experiences with Brooker. I bought a new 4.75 runabout new six years ago and did approximately 300 hours with no problems ever. Most of my boating is in Hervey bay. I bought a 20 foot displacement boat which will be moored in the Mary river (after some refitting), therefore the runabout was a little too large for my needs. I sold the runabout and three weeks ago took delivery of a new Brooker 4.10 safari (same hull as the fisherman but with full flat floor and pedestal seats),side decks and 30 Yamaha CV for $7400 at Marinetune Burleigh Heads (I should also add that I brought the runabout from them new and both both purchaces and service have been excellent). I have completed the ten hour breakin period (easy with two trips to Whatumba). The Brooker is a fantastic little boat ,the finish eg welding is very good, it is stable and even softer riding than the runabout. The extra money spent on the Safari including the side decks was well worthwhile especially for the convenience of the casting platform (which should account for some spotty mackeral tomorrow). The 30 CV is a good compromise but the extra &800 for the 3 cylinder did not fit within my budget and given that I had six years exceptional service with my previous Yamaha CV the choice was easy. I looked at the Rhino (and Quintrex Dory ) but for the same money I got bow and side rails,bow roller, side decks. anchor well, side pockets, full floor and casting platform.Too easy ,the Brooker is a great little boat,it all depends on the deal you can do.
Hope this helps,cheers Winston.

New_fisher
21-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Mate, if you can time it right, it would be to your advantage to go to a boat show and inspect all the different types of boats side by side, it's what I did and it made my decision easy, if you can't I reccomend buying direct from the manufacturer if you can, you can save some serious cash that way, good luck, Ray.

pjpw52
21-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the advice I live in Sydney and the Brooker factory is not far away will pay them a visit also never gave the safari a thought. The Allycraft Rhino is the popular pick amongst my fishing mates but the Snyper is still a possibilityathough not many people seem to know about them.

Peter