PDA

View Full Version : Plugs oiling

winston
01-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Some assistance please members, I have a new (15hrs) Yamaha cv 30 premix (100:1) that oils the plugs if I idle/troll for any period greater than 10 minutes.When I try to accelerate the motor misfires for 30 seconds or so until the plugs clear and all is well. I am running yamalube at 100:1 with the correct plugs and gap but still this problem continues,My previous CV 40 would troll for hours and accelerate without any problems. I figure it could be a couple of reasons e.g. the brand of oil (I have always found Yamalube to be a little smokey),so will chane this on my next trip. Could it be the idle mixture set too rich? If so which way does it work i.e. screw in to richen or lean the mixture and how much? Your assistance would be appreciated.Cheers Winston.

New_fisher
01-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Winston,
I would be hesitant to lean the mixture out, particularly if it as already running 100:1. It is a very lean mixture as is and if you lean it further you could risk doing damage to parts of the engine - not straight away but cumulatively over time it would probably do damage. I have heard of the CV series having this particular problem, i.e. dirty acceleration after trolling. Since it is new I would take it to the local Yamaha dealer so you don't void your warranty, or you could ring yamaha direct, they have pretty good technical advice available over the phone. Just my thoughts, that's what I would be doing if it were mine, good luck, Ray

Hagar
01-01-2006, 01:36 PM
If all else fails Winston use another oil and see what happens . Was never a fan of yamalube two stroke oil . I found the quicksilver much better for reduced smoking etc.

Chris

Spaniard_King
01-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I Think 100:1 is fraught with danger :'(

change to 50:1 and re tune ya carbies... more room for error with 50:1

err and give that yamma lubbe the flick..over rated :-X

Garry