PDA

View Full Version : Centre consol

mon
27-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Hey all, if any can help that would be great. I'm looking at converting my Stacer 420 runabout to a centre consol. I'm not keen at all about sitting down below the windscreen and driving. Any clues on where to start? who could do this job for me?

Cheers MON.

Panda
27-12-2005, 07:11 AM
You could try standing up while driving?

mon
01-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Can any one offer some advice? :)

isaac
01-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Seaquip www.seaquip.com.au and Aquamaster marine aquamaster.com.au should be able to quote you on converting it over. Seaquip have done mods on my tinny and I'm happy with it. cheers Isaac

winston
01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Mon,you would be better served selling or trading your current rig on a center console which would suit your needs,removing the windscreen and re-routing the control cables could result in a pretty dodgy setup. ps. I hope that steel framed bait table is not connected directly to your aluminium hull otherwise you make require a new hull sooner than you would like. Cheers Winston.

BladeRunner
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
mon
Mine is a clark tinny it used to be tiller steer until I converted to centre consul

Not hard. Brought a sheet of ! thick ally had some one with a sheet metal bender shape it to my design. Took out the back seat for more fishing room
Welded it all together brought control cable steering wheel Marina fitted all that stuff tested the boat on the water and trimmed it up .
There is a bit of work to do so if you have the money and a few good mates in the fabrication field try it .
Or might be better to up grade .Picture of mine attach
Cheers
BladeRunner

[smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=bandana.gif] [smiley=builder2.gif]

mon
01-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Bladerunner, good looking tinny thats the style I'm looking for.

Winston, theres is wood and plastic between the steel and the boat. (It was good use of a side off the BBQ!)

THanks, Isaac. I'll give those two a call. Seaquip look as if they could help.

Cheers guys.