PDA

View Full Version : new boat

Bert51
10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi guys, Any ideas on a new or slightly used boat. I'm looking for something approx 4.5 - 5.0 mts, aluminium to use in Port Philip Bay and versatile enough to use in the Murray as well. Mainly for fishing and just getting out of this ratrace. (sure there will be plenty of agreement to that !!) I like a bit of protection up front and a decent bit of power for the occaisional ski or board ride. Radio, fishfinder etc would be good. Because of the stupid new rules down here I am leaning towards something just over the 4.8 mtr mark. Also, is there any attachments that can legally make say a 4.75 into a 4.85 to overcome these dumb rules made for morons but effecting all.

gropeher
10-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Try the savage 4.8m, has a 75 merc on the back or alternatively look at a quintrex I would suggest.
savageboats.com are made in Melbourne,

I had one (Savage, 4.8m Ranger) and was excellent for all the topics you listed, we use to ski, fish bay and rivers etc.
I paid $22k brand new however you could save significantly by purchasing one a year or 2 old with low hours.

Cheers Ryan..

Oldyella
10-01-2006, 12:35 PM
You might want to also look at Stacer. They are made at the Quintex plant by Telwater. They are less expensive, but offer similar features (EVO hull vs Mellinium) Down there in Mexico ;D
The Boat Shop
219 Kororoit Creek Road
Williamstown

impulse492f
11-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi guys, Any ideas on a new or slightly used boat. I'm looking for something approx 4.5 - 5.0 mts, aluminium to use in Port Philip Bay and versatile enough to use in the Murray as well. Mainly for fishing and just getting out of this ratrace. (sure there will be plenty of agreement to that !!) I like a bit of protection up front and a decent bit of power for the occaisional ski or board ride. Radio, fishfinder etc would be good. Because of the stupid new rules down here I am leaning towards something just over the 4.8 mtr mark. Also, is there any attachments that can legally make say a 4.75 into a 4.85 to overcome these dumb rules made for morons but effecting all.

Your reasons were the same as mine ie fishing, ski, board ride etc. So i bought a Signature 492F with a 85 Suzuki 2s. Its great, just on 4.9m so it would help you out with the rules, has a ski pole (used to tow the kids around on the tube so far).

I love the ride fast and smooth, I trim the nose down through the chop and it slice the swell like butter, and at rest its pretty stable for fishing.