PDA

View Full Version : Evinrude E-TEC 90 HP

Geoff_Atkinson
12-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I have had my evinrude e-tec for about 12 months now, and just recently I was reading an article which stated that the motors are supplied standard with a stainless steel propellor. My propellor is black in colour. Could this be a stainless model painted or has the dealer pulled a swifty on me?
The motor itself is excellent and the best thing I have bought, although I had a small problem with stale fuel, once I had sorted that out it has been great.

nodjule
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Youre prop should have SST in big letters cast into it, that is short for stainless steel, what grade of stainless I am not sure.... ;)

toymod
12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Im pretty sure it is stainless my brother has just bought a 135 direct injection and his is black, also standard with stainless. If in doubt contact the dealer

searaider
12-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Geday sea raider ( Love the Name ) #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Welcome to the site .
When I bought my new 150 Yammy , it came with a SS prop & it was black . I thought the same thing thing , thinking that they had ripped me off . Had a talk to the Yamaha guys at the boat show & they advised that thet were SS & covered in a black teflon #:-?
Although I'm wrapped in the motor , I think the prop must be a low grade of SS , once I knocked some of the black of it get a very light surface rust on the edges .

Peter
Searaider 2 #

vertico
12-01-2006, 07:19 PM
yeh mine is black too!
the paint does come off though to reveal a nice stainless prop
watch out for sandbars if you want the paint to remain intact :)

had no problems for 6 months and ran up about 180hrs so far