PDA

View Full Version : Ramps with jetties/pontoons - North Brisbane areas

Mr__Bean
16-01-2006, 11:31 AM
G'Day guys / gals,

Have just recently moved to Brisbane (north side) and now look to get out and get into some fish.

Whilst it pleases me to see that launching ramps are free to use up here, I don't see many that have a pontoon or jetty nearby.

As my boat is too big for my son to hold whilst I park/retrieve the car and trailer I need to use ones that have this facility nearby.

Can you help out with ramps around the north of Brisbane that you know have a jetty or pontoon nearby?

The boat is an 8 metre hardtop platey and we are saltwater fisho's.

I have been over to Scarborough for a gig and that looks like a good starting point, any others around?

Thanks,

- Darren

madman1
16-01-2006, 11:53 AM
There's a small pontoon at Deep Water Bend but that place is sh!thouse to get in and out of on a busy day.

I think Scarborough is the ramp for you considering what you want to do.

Cheers

Mark

2iar
16-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Nudgee's got a 3 lane ramp, heaps of parking and a nice big pontoon that can accommodate numerous boats. Other than being a bit shallow at low tide, it's tops.

Good luck,
Mike

ShaneJ
17-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you become a member of the Sandgate VMR, you can user their ramp which has a pontoon?

bidkev
17-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you become a member of the Sandgate VMR, you can user their ramp which has a pontoon?

Yes you can but you have to avoid the ramp at a big low as it has a drop off. I think an 8 metre boat may well have to go too far down the ramp and the trailer could drop off it.

I use Nudgee now Darren, and prefer it over other ramps. The trailer isn't safe at night though.

kev

kev