PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter 520SF Model Experiences

SgBFish
12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Has anyone got any direct experience with this boat.
How it rides?
Things to look for buying secondhand?
Thanks.
Scott

boatboy50
16-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey Scott,

The 520SF is a good little boat. It's very fishable and versatile.

There is no real problems that I am aware of with this model.

Satisfaction Marine have one for sale second hand, $19990, check their website at www.satisfactionmarine.com.au

Regards

Darren

beatle
17-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Scott- I've had the Haines 520 sf ( sport fish) and found it to be an excellent boat and it handled really well in rough water I could not fault it at all, although my missus did not like the bulbous nose on it but I thought it was a great looking boat. Mine had a 115hp Merc on the back and it went well. I bought it brand new ( first release ) about 8 or 9 years ago. I sold it for $20.000 two years later. You could not go wrong with it, as long as it was in good nick. I may even have some old mags on them with their reviews I'll see if I can dig them up but I may have thrown them out. I'll let you know if I find them. Good luck.

hornets
09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
scott,
did you get the boat & if so how is it as I am thinking of buying one
adam

johnnyb
09-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi there Adam

I recently purchased a 2002 model

She handles like a dream even with 4 blokes on there its ok to fish( 3 is better)

we take it down to Wollongong (nsw) all the time in open waters and she cuts thtough the waves no problems, we ahve a Johnson 90hp 4 stroke on the back

Well worth the 20k i spent

SgBFish
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Adam
I was looking at one about at the start of 2006. I didn’t buy it in the end as it had lived its life on a mooring and looked a bit tired the donk was also not what I wanted.
I have since bought a Yalta 555.
Scott

TCSunCoast
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey there, My father in law use to have one and I used it a fair bit. It was a fantastic boat and had a 90 evenrude on it and went really well. Great boat in the bay, handled the chop at rest. Fished outside in it heaps and even to it to Fraser Island on year for the fishing comp and put it in and out of Waddy Point for 2 weeks. Don't let the wave hit it right on the nose or it will run up that sloped front and hit you in the face on a cold morning ( hung over skipper being a bit slow) It performed really well and is not a real heavy boat. As they are a bit narrow on the beam the roll a bit but certainly nothing bad.
I would definately reccomend it, got back to Waddy in a 15kn SE full of fish and kept us dry, can't be that bad!

Tony