PDA

View Full Version : Boat Retreival Systems?

steve_n
24-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I just saw a new product in QFM called recover-ezy and I think there is another one called catch-on. They are supposed to make single handed retieval of boats easier. Has anyone used such a product or know anything about them?
Many thanks
Steve

whiteman
24-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Mate of mine just put a Retriver mate on his trailer. $350. He reckons it works well.

steve_n
25-03-2005, 02:29 AM
The type of system I'm looking at you drive onto the trailer and when thr bow gets up to the roller on the winch post a latch arrangement trips and holds the boat there untill you get down and attach the winch and safety chain? ???

ribbit
26-03-2005, 07:46 AM
I have a smart hook system on my 5.25 on full toller trailer and makes 1 man launch and retrieve so fast that the lookers and other boaters at the ramp just go "oh your kidding" when they see it work.
Cranbourne boating sells and fits 0359 962206

peter

fishyfingers
28-03-2005, 05:52 AM
Hey Ribbit do ya have a photo, sounds great, like more info.

Dave
PS Happy Easter cann't find you one of them there Bunnies every one else has got. Sorry Matey

cooky
28-03-2005, 07:29 AM
i'm interested too.

I was thinking of using a spare 27mhz antenna i have and mounting it near towball at an angle of say 30 degrees. hook on end to attach a rope. WHen driving on trailer it depends on the ramp / tide how far i can get up the trailer, but thought I could simply get as far as possible and then grab the rope from the bow and attach quickly - then I could turn the motor off and not worry about the boat slipping back off the trailer while getting off to attach winch.

Anyway - there is most probably a better method, but retrieval is going to be my only problem I believe

seabug
28-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Simple one seen at Portsea was a rope tied to the winch post and laid out along the side of boat trailer
The chap motored onto trailer and left motor running enough to hold position

Reached over the side with a gaff hook and picked up the rope
and tied it to a stern cleat.Then turned off motor
Then climbed out of the boat and used winch to finish loading
I suppose for a heavy boat one could use a rope each side

ozzy49
19-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey check thck this one out guys. "www.###############.au" there is a short video clip of it in operation. It's the simples and most reliable idea i've seen yet. Apparently sells for under $100
It works for both drive on and drive off. No mechanical bits.