PDA

View Full Version : V17L's underbunk storage

Brejen
20-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I want to put storage bins under the bunks and wondering if anyone has got them in theirs or have seen them in any. Don't want to go cutting holes in the floor and then can't put them in.

Anyone help me out with this.

Brett

skippa
20-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Brett,

I think the best way would be to get a Southwind .... ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)
PS sorry mate couldn't help myself ::)

Hagar
21-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Brett

There's not a lot of space under there mate with the curve of the hull . Have you thought of making a bin that will sit on top of the raised floor section of the bunk with the cushion off ?

Chris

Brejen
21-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Chris thought i'd hear from you [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] . Have thought of that but the old boy and the young boy are always getting in there for a snooze ;D ::) , so i'd be in trouble if i took away any of their space :P . Was just looking to get some of the crap u sorta gather in there stored away and outta the way. Also considered putting the seats on Boxes with under storage or even ice boxes, but worried bout weight distribution especially as ice boxes. Have email Haines and am waiting for them to reply so will see what comes of that. Didn't U put an inspection cover up the front in the sunken floor part in the old one. Wanna put one in as well there's no where to inspect the inside hull :o .

Skippa not listening to you, got my fingers in my ears.. HHMMMMM ;D ;)

Brett

Hagar
21-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Brett

Yes I did put an access hatch on one side . It was more of a ' oops I didn't mean to cut that bit ' fix . The bunk structure each side was still sound so did not continue cutting it out . It was the only bits left inside .

OK - back to yours . I dont see a problem with what you want to do . Might need a edge stiffener around the edges at most . My Yalta comes standard with acces in the bunk flooring . Couple of things though . Your hull should be bare glass under there and you might want to consider flowcoating the cavity for a smoother , cleaner compartment . The other way would be to cut your access panels and drop in a fabricated box that is shaped to the curvature of the space . Knowing the lack of space under there a longer cavity that is closer to the deeper inside edge would be the go I reckon to maximise space .
That boat of yours is gonna be the most ' worked ' hull in history soon mate . :-? :-?

Chris

Brejen
22-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks Chris that's the area i was sort thinking of -the bigger end of the bunks. Mate have been thinking of doing this for quite a while but it's still really only thought. Prob just wait for a reply from Haines and see what they say. Like the idea about the fabricated box might have to be the go i think, if i ever do it. Inspection hatch will be first for sure.. U have a beilge in that bottom hull?

Few other little things to do to the girl then she'll be all done---Never. MMMMM maybe new Suzuki 4stroke she'll like ::) ::) ::) .

Mate u been out of late. I'll Pm u later tonight.

Brett