PDA

View Full Version : What two stroke

troy
22-01-2006, 07:04 AM
What 60hp two stroke outboard would you recomend for a 445f haines and any idea on prices.
Troy

Wild_Thing
22-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey Troy
When anyone asks what outboard motor , for me their is only one SUZUKI
These guys have been working on research and development big time , and won't release a product untill there 100% happy.They had to make sure before the busted out into the 4 stroke era.
But next time you see a VRM , Coast Guard , Water Police , Air Sea Rescue ect.Guess what their powered by!!!
Waranty is also worth a mention , and once again SUZUKI shines threw , unlike some of the other top brands that give you the run around.
Anyway mate 60 or 70 hp are the same size and weight and the price is roughly around the 10grand mark but will vary from dealer to dealer especially if you have a trade in.
Hope this will help you decide the never ending question
Cheers Payney ;)

fishingrod
22-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I think that all the main brands are pretty good these days. Im not sure what re-sale would be like with a Tohatsu. Im not saying they are bad motors but some people might be shy of them due to a smaller dealer network and just becuase they are less popular.

Weight might be a issue?
I know its only a 2 stroke, but a lighter motor would have to be better on a 4.45m boat. It could be worth look on each manufacturers web site just to see if there is much difference in weight

Im pretty sure that all motors this size have an internal oil injection bottle, so checking the capacity might be a benifit so you dont have to re-fill so often. On the flip side Yamaha may have a basic CV 60hp that runs on 50:1 pre mix that would be cheaper (and prob lighter) if you are on a budget.

Things like what instruments and prop you get standard is good to know when comparing prices.

Check the prices, find a dealer that is near to you (or your son?) and most importantly deal with a dealer that you are comfortable with. Go with your instinct. If hes cheap but you arent happy with his attitude go somewhere else until you are happy with the whole experience you get.

If you mentioned your area some people here might give recommendations based from personal experiences. Good or Bad.

HarryO
22-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Are 2 stroke Suzukis still available new in
Australia?

Do they still make 'em?

Havn't seen any marketed if they are.

Maybe I should get out more. :)

Harry.

troy
22-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Harry we can get a 70hp yammy fitted up here .
Any comparisions to this.
Troy
ps sorry price 8500.00

HarryO
22-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry Troy,

I'm too biased to comment....

After owning Johnnos and Mercs most of my life,

LOVE the Yammy 2 strokes.....

The idea that someone would repower this hull (rated 55hp)
with a 115 puts shivers down my spine.

Its not just the weight issue, or the strength of the transom,
but importantly at what speed does this hull become unsafe?

If you've ever seen an overpowered ski boat flip after digging
its bow into a reasonably small wake, you'll know what I mean.

P.S. I think you should shoot off an E mail to John Haines
re: repowering with the 60/70hp. I don't think theres an issue
with it, but his opinion would be invaluable.

Harry..