PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a leak!!

stork71
24-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Any hints on locating leak in a quintrex ? After a going out for a few hours there always seems to be water flowing out when the bungs are removed..

blaze
24-01-2006, 11:40 AM
reseal around your bung and engine mount holes and any other likely spot like that for a start, odds are you will fix it. If not food coloring in the water and partial fill your hull.
cheers
blaze

jimbamb
24-01-2006, 11:46 AM
maybee its a small crack in hull. heard lots of reports of this happenin with Quinnys.

stork71
24-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys for the quick replys. I've looked over all the welds and all looks ok, so i might give the food colouring a go as well...Keep the ideas coming..Thanks

paz
24-01-2006, 08:04 PM
when i bought my second hand hull i filled it up with water on the inside whilst still on the trailer,,,went under and marked all the seeps with a permanent texter,,took it to a mates and welded her up..was told it had a leak or two,,,,just not the 10 or so i welded up. :-/..
paz

catchy_fishy
25-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Oh no - another good ausfih idea. Since I think I've got the same problem you've all messed up my plans of going out this weekend, what with fixing the starter and kill switch, and now looking for a leak.

Spose I'm destined to be on land this weekend.

Good tips all round, thanks everyone