PDA

View Full Version : Got a Dale boat in Brisbane???

trueblue
21-01-2006, 03:09 AM
How many people have a Dale boat (5.3 or 6.3) built by Barry Dale Marine in Home Hill?

Just curious to see how many of them have migrated down to Brisbane with their owners.

I've only seen one other one down here.

Mick

craigie
21-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Gday Mick,

I work with a guy who is a member of this site and goes by the name of "Spectre". Spectre also happens to be the name of his 6.3 Dale Craft.
Yellow and White cabin model with a 225 4 banger Yammie. A mile of room and tops to fish out of !! I've had a few rides in it, including a run to Fitzroy lagoon from 1770, as well as a trip to the Northern Barwon Banks. Both times it performed outstandingly !!!

He purchased it from a cane farmer up north, then trucked it down to Brisbane.

I'm sure he will spot this thread and ellaborate a bit more.

Regards
Craigie.

devocean
21-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Have stopped plenty of times to check out those boat in HH. Awesome hull design, last time I was talking to him he couldnt keep up with demand.

Spectre
25-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Mick

As outlined by Craigie above I own a 6.3 Dalecraft powered by a 225 Yammie 4 banger. Have had it for about 18 months. They are an awesome boat design & very smooth & dry riding in the rough stuff. Plenty of room for fishin & camping etc. :) :)
It attracts a lot of interest at the boat ramps as most people have not seen one before. Will try & put up a pic...

Do yo own one down here ??
I have heard that there are 2 or 3 in Brissy, but have not spotted one yet.

Cheers
Phil

Spectre
25-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Here is a pic of the 6.3 M Dale...having fun at the Banks !! Hope it works ok....

Would be interested in seeing pics of other pround Dale Craft boats.

Cheers
Phil

trueblue
26-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Phil (Spectre)

Still got that photo of your boat that was previously posted?

I am looking for inspiration for a Targa Tee Top for my 5.3 Dale

cheers

Mick

sooty_mad
27-05-2009, 07:55 AM
I don't know if this is current but the link below has the business (including boat moulds etc) up for sale. Pity as their boats have a great reputation for ride and seaworthiness.

http://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/259991

Kind regards... David