PDA

View Full Version : I've come out the other side

blaze
27-01-2006, 08:23 PM
thanks to all for showing interest and sharing your views on my major rebuild (the rebuild I did'nt want to do). The insurance just did'nt go far enough to do a good job, so the only way it was going to be done right was to do it myself, also a point of interest if it had been insured for any more they would have possible said I was oversured and paid out the same amount. So without doing the sums I think I am out of pocket about $3000 but when looking at figues I have moved the cab foward 500mm, added hyd steering, new gps with fuel flow meter and a bigger fuel tank (130 extra litres).
Doing jobs like this turns me into a bit of a machine with no off button and focused on the finish line (not a good thing to do to yourself), so this is the place I come to try and humanise myself a little. I must also say what a wonderful wife I have for sharing my pain and joy (she doesnt like fishing or boats), she had a lot to put up with
WE TEST RUN TOMMOROW reguardless of weather
blaze is happy again
cheers

DALEPRICE
27-01-2006, 08:27 PM
good work blaze,
run some pics of the test tomora when
you get back. good luck.
dale

revs57
27-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Well done Blaze and Mrs Blaze...

Look forward to hearing the test run report and piccies

Cheers

Rhys

2iar
27-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Blaze,

I don't think it was ever in question that you'd make it.

Your determination should be an inspiration to us all.

I'm delighted to hear that you may have gained a little from the hardship in the end (the custom improvements). I'm sure you'll take great satisfaction in the quality of work performed as well as piece of mind that the job's been done properly.

I hope you have a heap of fun in her. Stay safe and catch fish.

Good luck,
Mike

Figjamm
27-01-2006, 09:41 PM
WE TEST RUN TOMMOROW reguardless of weather
blaze is happy again

YAY.... now you get to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
28-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Good on ya Blaze!!

It has been very interesting following your work and I have really enjoyed it. Will look forward to some more pics of her floating.

Good luck and cheers
Dave

2DKnBJ
28-01-2006, 12:30 AM
So little work done and it 's taken all this time ;D ;)
The amount of work you have done on your boat in a short space of time is amazing.
I have been watching you posts with interest.Have picked up a few pointers along the way especially the expanding foam around the fuel tank.I plan on doing the same with my new tanks once i am happy with their placement.
Good luck with the test run.
Cheers Dazza

noluck
28-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Well done Blaze
wish u good luck tomorow # [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

forward to some more photos
cheers no_luck

longtail
28-01-2006, 09:51 AM
congrats blaze on the completion of the rebuild , hope it all works out and may it see plenty of fish over the side in the coming weeks.

cheers
jason

Angla
28-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Blaze

Good luck with the test run and I hope all works the way you want with the weight distribution.
I also think when it is your hard work that goes in to it then you get more pleasure out of it.

Angla

Bosunsmate
28-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Well done and congrats Mr & Mrs Blaze.....You owe her something special now...... 8-)

Mad-One
28-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Well done Blaze you've done a great job an look forward to some more pics. Your post are an inspiration to us all. But man it's gonna cost ya with Mrs Blaze she'll be doin retail therapy for a year so maybe you'd better adjust the $3000 figure ;D
Good lick on the test and enjoy

Cheers Phil

blaze
28-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Not much a day for a test run, mirror flat.
Found a bit of rougher stuff in some tidal channels between the islands and it felt good. The boat is heavier, my guess is 200kg and because of all the extra bulkheads and full lenth stringers its a very solid feeling when punching a bit of chop. fuel flow meter was showing 28l/h (varies a bit) @ 30knts. Hyd steering is wonderful. Did not really fish (trolled a line for about 5 mins) so didnt try the kill tank out. Just happy to be back on the water. post some pics of glassed out seas later.
cheers
blaze

youngfisho
28-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Good to see your boat is ready, would be keen to replace the floor and stringers in my boat also and remove the stern cruise tank and place one up further forward (amidship). Also I think more weight would improve the stability at rest and as you said make it more solid when punching through chop. Hope the mods make your boat better to drive and easier to live with.

andrew

toymod
28-01-2006, 04:01 PM
PICS PICS PICS ;D

Mad-One
28-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Blaze is gonna tease us all and make us wait. ;D

blaze
28-01-2006, 08:09 PM
here a few, the plan was to link up with a mate out there so i could get some running pics but as all good plans, it went astray.
so just some scenic pics
first one is where i busted her, look at it now and you would wonder how it could change so rapidly, can go from this to 3+m in minutes given the wrong wind and tide

blaze
28-01-2006, 08:10 PM
the wife, only the second time on the boat. Last time was on its first maiden voyage

blaze
28-01-2006, 08:13 PM
ok
still gotta put the cap in the steering wheel, the top part of the cab is a section I moulded and made, posted before no doubt, also frabricate the screen.
this is robins island

blaze
28-01-2006, 08:14 PM
other end of three hummock island, you can see the other 2 humps in the first pic
to the left in the pic is hunters island, there is a good 70 to 80 m channel betwen the two islands but the current flow is huge

blaze
28-01-2006, 08:20 PM
this is two islands seperated by a narrow neck channel, good anchoridge inside but if the wind comes in from the east it makes for a nasty bar to get out or you go out the other end and brave navigating very narrow shallow channels
sorry not many boat pics but will try and get some action ones soon
cheers
blaze

Figjamm
29-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Glad your maiden voyage went well #:) #Nice pics.... I got my Aussie Atlas out [smiley=book2.gif] and located the islands to get more of idea where you were, so there's my geography lesson for the day [smiley=scholar.gif]

toymod
29-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Looks like a beutiful part of the world.......and looking forward to the pics of your boat... ;D

DALEPRICE
29-01-2006, 01:15 PM
nice blaze,
i like the two sections where you have the sounder and gps
set up in, out of the elements and tucked away.
just need some fish to start hittin the deck.
regards dale