PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex Question

Swerve
29-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey All,

Have a Quintrex 480 FreedonSport with Yama 70hp 2 stroke. When planning it has a visable lean to port and takes one person bodyweight to equal out!

I still need to make some marks on the hull when in a calm bay on the water level to ensure no weight issues are causing it.

What is the likley chance the hull is warped, engine not properly aligned or something. I asked the dealer and they asked me to mark the waterline which I havnt done yet.

Steve

Oldyella
30-01-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't think it's likely that the engine is offset, and a warped hull on a 480 would be a real one off.
Is the trim tab straight ? How does it sit when at anchor ?

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
30-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Sounds to me that the motor may not be at the right height. The cav plate should be one inch below the line of the hull.

Cheers
Dave

Swerve
30-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Sounds to me that the motor may not be at the right height. The cav plate should be one inch below the line of the hull.

Cheers
Dave

Dave, many thanks for the heads up. Will check it after I get it back out from the dealer as they are looking for a saltwater leak in the engine (gets covered with salt spray after one day). You would think they set the motors at the right height in the first place. My mate who also recently bought a boat has had to get his engine height lowered as well.

When I was being towed yesterday on the right side ski hook with two mates sitting down, there was a hefty lean to port. It really starting to annoy me.

Thanks

Steve