PDA

View Full Version : Tinnie Painting

sixtyjmd
06-02-2006, 04:48 PM
I am about to paint the inside of my 4.3 centre console tinnie to tidy it up a bit. The paint I had in mind is Motor Spray,Panel Fleck. I was wondering if anyone has used it or similar product. Is it worth while to paint to just below the floor line or do the whole botom.

Any sugestions on what brand of paint to use or what preparation is required, would be appreciated.

Seahorse
06-02-2006, 06:22 PM
motorspray panel fleck is fine. do the whole inside. must etch prime first. dont stir the tin. u will prob need 2 tins. just box them. i sell that brand.

cheers
greg

Sahara53
06-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Sixtyjmd several years ago I had a 5m Stessl CC and it had paint lifting in a number of areas and so it was decided to repaint. The original paint appeared as though there had been little prep on the original surface and so looked poor. I had the entire hull sandblasted, then we etch primed, 2 coats of undercoat and then 3 coats of auto enamel top coat. The boat really looked a gem at the end and whilst I can't remember what it cost it certainly was not an out of the question amount (brother did all painting to help).
I hope your project goes well, it is also an opportunity to update things.

Regards Peter A.