PDA

View Full Version : BOAT BUYERS RULE?

rough_shag
07-02-2006, 05:02 PM
G'day all,just have to ask-is there a rule which states that after finally taking the plunge and blowing mega bucks on a lump of floating fibreglass the weather shall not be suitable for boating/fishing for an undefined period of time in order that the aforementioned purchaser/fisherperson wannabe is subjected to stressand frustration for an indeterminate period of time?.
If such a rule does exist why wasn't I warned about it?! or is it another fishermans secret I wasn't aware of?.Roll on winter!-apparently.Cheers!.Jace. ps-it's all one big conspiracy-don't ever doubt it!

finga64
07-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Mate, it's not a rule it's a law.

A law named after Murphy :-/

B-stard, someone should have shot him :D

seajack
07-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I have discovered that monday to friday are the best fishing days, with the exception of when I'm on holidays and all days are crappy. Go figure! Just lucky I am a stuborn individual who will bash and splash out if thats what it takes.

HarryO
07-02-2006, 05:39 PM
;D # #;D # #;D # #;D # #;D # #;D

Hey Shag..

When I "sold the shop" and retired 2 years ago,
my first thoughts were "beauty, I can fish when I want".

Ha!

After #spending the last 10 years workin 6 days a week,
no sickies or holidays to speak of, planning a trip out,
when the weather/tide/moon/fishing Gods were all nodding in
apoproval that this day should fall on a Sunday,
(happens twice a year), I thought I had it made..

I hate that bloke "Murphy"...

These days, when the Gods all agree, I've got other crap I gotta do..

(volunteer stuff, school commitments, home reno's, etc)

Oh well, maybe next week.... ;)

Harry..

familyman
07-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I spend all the good weekends working my coight off and the all too infrequent days off that I get it flogs down rain(but not enough to break the drought ) or it is blowing a gale ::) :(
Oh well there's always next weekend,"Are we doing anything next weekend darling?Oh are we?Bugger"
cheers jon

rough_shag
08-02-2006, 08:00 AM
AAAAAARH!! so it's not just me after all-As much as I respect this MURPHY fella I personally subscribe to the O'TOOLE philosophy which states categorically that "MURPHY WAS AN OPTIMIST"!!!!!!!!!!!!.Jace.

Hoges
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Variations On Murphy's Law

1. The Law of Common Sense: Never accept a drink from a urologist.

2. The Law of Reality: Never get into fights with ugly people, they
have nothing to lose.

3. The Law of Self Sacrifice: When you starve with a tiger, the
tiger starves last.

4. The Law of Volunteering: If you dance with a grizzly bear, you
had better let him lead.

5. The Law of Avoiding Oversell: When putting cheese in a mousetrap,
always leave room for the mouse.

6. The Law of Motivation: Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster.

7. Boob's Law: You always find something in the last place you look.

8. Wailer's Law: Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't
have to do it himself.

9. Law of Probable Dispersal: Whatever hits the fan will not be
evenly distributed.

10. Law of Volunteer Labor: People are always available for work
in the past tense.

11. If going fishing the wind is sure to be blowing.

12. The worse your line is tangled, the better is the fishing around
you.

Chamelion
02-10-2012, 07:08 AM
G'day all,just have to ask-is there a rule which states that after finally taking the plunge and blowing mega bucks on a lump of floating fibreglass the weather shall not be suitable for boating/fishing for an undefined period of time in order that the aforementioned purchaser/fisherperson wannabe is subjected to stressand frustration for an indeterminate period of time?.
If such a rule does exist why wasn't I warned about it?! or is it another fishermans secret I wasn't aware of?.Roll on winter!-apparently.Cheers!.Jace. ps-it's all one big conspiracy-don't ever doubt it!

This has been absolutely 100% true for ALL THREE boats that I have purchased. My second boat was the worst.. It rained for 6 weeks starting the DAY I bought it and the rivers/bay were unfishable for over two months.

barra71
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Such is life guys, we were never ment to enjoy ourselfs we should all know this by now...

ovakil
02-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Got prop rebushed,wanting to try out.Dam wind.

Goldfinch
02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
You know the weather is crap when you're cleaning more mould off your boat than fish blood!!!!!