PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Tube Bender

Barrymundi
12-02-2006, 12:32 PM
I am looking for a bender for 25 & 32mm stainless tube.

I found one on ebay but the freight was a bit high.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Just making a bait board

Al

Figjamm
12-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I am looking for a bender for 25 & 32mm stainless tube.

I found one on ebay but the freight was a bit high.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Just making a bait board

Just making one bait board? It's probably cheaper and easier to take it somewhere.

Have you tried the Trading Post?
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/

--
Bev

blaze
12-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I made my own
2 X bits of 12 mm ply laminated together big enough to cut a radius out of
pics are easier, stuck away in a dirty corner of my shed, note still glass dust every where , prop on chair with left over glegcell pieces
note to one self
clean the shed
cheers
blaze

blaze
12-02-2006, 02:17 PM
pic 2
this was some one else idea on ausfish a couple of years ago, modified to suit my requirements

blaze
12-02-2006, 02:20 PM
this is used to primarily bend 1" ali tube but I have since bend 3/4 stailess and galv pipe. The bend radius will be set by the radius of the circle, if it is to small or to short of a bend it will flatten the pipe. I have bent ali tube right around the radius on this

finga64
12-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Gidday Blaze,
I take it the grass doesn't grow fast in Tassi ;)

Excellent idea I'll have to make now. I was also looking for one to make my canopy but didn't want to spend $400odd just for a bender.

How do you draw the RHS around the former?? Just by pushing/pulling the section around or by using a handle with another former??

What's the radius of the curve??

Beauty,
Hi ho, hi ho off to the shed I go :D

blaze
12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
The mower, while I was doing my boat, thats the grass growing time, paid some one to mow it (also waiting for front wheel bushes)
the radius is 95mm (just went out in the bloody rain to measure that)
I just hold the tube and bend from as close as I can from the radius but at times I have used a bit of 1" rhs and taped along side the tube to add a bit of strenth and keep the tube straighter where ya dont want it bent but 90% of the time I just bend it.
cheers
blaze
ps
wish I could remember who built the original idea (theres was more portable and was nailed to a tree or something)

familyman
12-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Or you could take it to your local exhaust guy and get him to bend it .Did that for my pool ladder for $20.He also did some swages too for joining same.My tube was about 38mm though,may not have dies that small :-?
cheers jon

familyman
12-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Ps if you go the home bender route then try some DRY sand in the tube to stop it kinking. >:(
cheers jon

ahoj
14-02-2006, 12:00 AM
How i like the steering wheel to run the bender ha ha

Ahoj
;D ;D

ahoj
14-02-2006, 12:03 AM
exhaust repairers have hyd machines for any kind of pipe bending at any angle

a penny's worth Ahoj