PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Member to Ausfish (be gentle)

flatstrap
15-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi Ausfish members,
I've been following this forum for a month now and decided to take the plunge and become one of the gang. I have enjoyed the lively debates, informed comments and general information that results. Just a short bio: Have moved to the Gold Coast recently and finished my project boat 18 months ago. The hull is a 7m Edencraft built to survey for the NSW Police. Power by Yamaha 2x200HP Efi on a Tri-axle trailer. I have a bit to contribute in due course regarding my experiences since moving here. Anyhow, enough of me, I attach 2 pix of the project.
'Flatstrap'

rough_shag
15-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Hows it goin mate?nice rig-is it thirsty?I know she probably gets up and BOOGIES eh!!.Jace.

flatstrap
15-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Heeey rough_shag,
It's not too bad for economy. The donks belonged to the VMR Southport before I did. I estimate she does about 37-38kn at 4500 rpm. Comfortable.
Great service from Marine Tune Burleigh. Great team over there.
I posted twice as I wasn't sure the first one got through.
Another pic taken on land.
Cheers,
Flatstrap

HarryO
15-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey, 'strap,

You'll fit in fine here...

Welcome aboard..

Harry..

(nice 'wessel) :)

rough_shag
15-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah definitely a super dooper rig mate-I could of gotten into a kevlacat with 2x200hp Yammies but the overall running cost and towability/storage hassle was a bit much for me.My 5.5mtr mono hull has a 115V4 Johnno and she cruises at 30kts and 4000rpm but i daren't say she has a bit less room than your rig!.Jace.

Louis
15-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Welcome aboard Flatstrap.

You've got a Nice looking rig there.

Louis

noluck
15-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Welcome to ausfish
You got nice rig #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] .u going to brun lots of fuel to till u fand fish #on Gold Coast
cheers no_luck

flatstrap
15-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
This pic taken a few minutes ago. As she looks today. I'll get into two very interesting topics soon as they have to be resolved before I tell the full story. Be patient.
Cheers all,
Flatstrap

caloundra
15-02-2006, 12:06 PM
welcome to the site flatstrap
and a nice looking rig there too

Daniel

fish2eat
15-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome aboard.......we'll be gentle.....until we get to know you LOL

Seriously, this site is well policed by the mods who don't tolerate personal abuse, so apart from some gentle good natured ribbing, I hope it is an enjoyable experience and you learn lots.

Stu

finga64
15-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Gidday matey,
Welcome and howdy do :)
Very nice boat. Any luck on the fishing side yet??
Hope you get to use that kill door on the side ;)

Lone_Wolf
15-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Flatstrap,

Welcome aboard and look forward to your stories.

Moving right along, in the fine print, there was an important point for you to understand, the one about new members takings fellow boatless ausfishers out in your boat. So...... ;D ;D ;D

Argle
15-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Welcome aboard mate, and no chance of missing you in that rig! Looks the goods, hope you get amongst it 8-)

Cheers and Beers

Tunzafun
15-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Welcome Flatstrap,

I am sure you will enjoy the site as much as I do. I can't wait to get home and see what is catching where and who has done what to who. The added bonus is there is so much useful information here as well. Catch you on the water sometime.

Ross

flatstrap
15-02-2006, 05:57 PM
So far so good! I should be on the water now, but one of the stories I have to relate to the forum is the reason why I'm not on the water. Please be patient but I guarantee you'all will be rivetted when I tell you.

I generally launch from the Grand Hotel ramp at Southport but for local and social outings I use the Coomera bridge ramp. It's handy when I have to make trailer repairs. Just offload the boat, leave a 16 yr. old kid in it and away we go. I've also just got onto this MIG welding caper. Love it. Getting better all the time. I've paid my dues. I've got the ankle bone burns to prove it.

Lone Wolf, for sure, I'll make available at least 3 spots when the boat's in service (hopefully soon). Four fishing is a good number. Elbow room so we don't poke each others eyes out.I'm tired of taking people that want to fish offshore then turn green within the first 2km off the Seaway. I NEVER turn back until ALL my bait's gone. They never ask again. Works for me. But, yeah, always looking for competent fun people to fish with.
Flatstrap

Lone_Wolf
15-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Flatstrap,

Never been green in my life and more than willing to pay my way. Got my own gear and ready to roll, just say when....

Spaniard_King
15-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Good Palmy Boat ::)

Garry

TheDeepSix
15-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Great boat F'strap,

I'm sure it would leave my KCat for dead :P
Cheers

Tiga

flatstrap
15-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Heeey Lone Wolf,
For sure there's fishing room for keen fishermen on this cat. I hope to be on the water soon and will be in touch. My present crew is made up of green people and a Alky. I think I have to be a bit more discerning in crew selection.

I reckon four guys is ideal so we don't poke each other's eyes out. I'm a non drinker and always the designated driver for all occasions. That doesn't mean I'm boring though.

I plan to fish Stevens Reef area off Mackay this winter providing I finish my trailer mods. Keep in touch.

Flatstrap

catchy_fishy
16-02-2006, 06:28 AM
welcome to ausfish, although you say you've been lurking for a while now so you should know what it's all about.

Nice to have you on as a member, and watching out for that special post