PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do i have on the clock

reevesey
18-01-2006, 03:35 PM
G'day people, I have a 2001 130hp saltwater series yamaha outboard and when i brought it 2 years ago i was told that it had 80 hrs on the clock. Does anyone know if a little hour meter is in the engine or is it in the digital instrument panel somewhere. I have look at both places but i can't find anything. Thanking you.

longtail
18-01-2006, 04:06 PM
it's normally on the dash alongside the other gauges.

jason

finga64
19-01-2006, 09:04 AM
bit late now but I would have looked for it before I brought it to make sure there were no fibbers told :-/
Has it been on your boat from new or has it been transplanted from another boat?

reevesey
19-01-2006, 11:08 AM
yes the motor was put on there brand new and owned by a old couple

MOZ
19-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Maximus F

"yes the motor was put on there brand new and owned by a old couple"

Wasn't only driven to church on Sundays was it??? ;D

Seriously should be 2 gauges, Hours is on the bottom of one of them and should be able to change mode between Hours, voltage and time I think it is!

MOZ

Leo_N.
19-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Some outboards don't come with hour meters. My new Suzuki logs hours through its computer and is downloadable when serviced. I figured that was enough so I didn't fork out the extra $100 odd bucks for a dash mounted indicator. Maybe you should check whether your outboard has this feature.

reevesey
19-01-2006, 05:26 PM
G'day, thanks for the replies, there is nothing on the gauges that shows engine hours and to MOZ, the hour gauge that you can change with the mode button only shows the hours of that trip or since i've diconnected the batteries. thanks

Mantaray
19-01-2006, 07:04 PM
if you don't have a clock then your only guessing or have to believe what you were told, not a lot of options really. now i've never seen anybody over state engine hours, not a human thing to do.

finga64
19-01-2006, 07:53 PM
yeah right mantaray,
I believe in the tooth fairy too ;) :D
It was owned by an old couple who drove on Sundays to church. :-/
Least you could drag a lure behind going to church ::)

Mantaray
19-01-2006, 08:02 PM
then maybe the church is just around the corner and they take the long way home

staino
17-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Gday, max fart, I really haven't got anything useful to say except that the only other type of hr meter (apart from a dash gauge ) I know of is the little digital one i have under the cowl of my 25hp merc (also a tacho when running) but geez I got I got a laugh out of your own answer to finga's 1st reply & then his reply to mantaray's 1st answer, cheers staino.