PDA

View Full Version : Polycraft & fuel stains ?

rumy1
19-02-2006, 06:10 AM
My brother is heading for Brisbane right now to buy a polyboat 4.55 front runner. It is very good condition except one problem. The bloke said he drove up a steep driveway and fuel poured out the back of the boat and has left fuel stain over the white coloured rear end. It looks abit bad but if it doesn't effect the boat then he has got a good buy. Also wonder if this can be fixed easy ?
Thanks for any replies !!!

Tony_N
19-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Rumy1

In their material on their website Polycraft talk about using a citrus-based cleaner as part of the process of getting rego numbers to stick on the boats surface. So this style of cleaner should be safe to use

At home we use a cleaning product called CitroClean, available from Woolies.

www.citroclean.com.au

This stuff really is the ducks nuts for any cleaning application. Much bettter than other citrus-based cleaners I have tried, and if it doesn't shift the stain, I reckon it is permanent. Suggest you try a small area first.

Hope it works for you

Tony

finga64
19-02-2006, 06:42 AM
A call to the polyboat guys would be wise thing to do. They probably come up with this problem all the time and maybe able to recommend something.
Chem-tech and Septone make a bilge cleaner. May be worth a read to see if they will work and won't affect the boat.

RobK
20-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Had a similar problem with our poly. I cannot belive they have not fixed the problem. The only way I was able to partly remove the stain was with a heavy cutting polish and about six hours worked. None of the other suggestion here worked. As you said it does not effect the integrity of the hull, I would not worry to much.

Rob

toymod
20-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Would you be able to sand it out with like 300 grit...if the colour is all the way through??