PDA

View Full Version : jump starts

Tony_N
19-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Anybody got a suggestion as to brand and features to look for when buying a jump start? Are cheapies from Supercheap auto or bunnings OK?

After a helpful conversation with Finga i'm thinking of buying one of these (for an electric start river boat, not for outside) instead of buying another battery and switch box to make a dual battery setup.

thanks

Tony

krazyfisher
19-02-2006, 05:43 PM
I was told to look at the amp hours on the batteries and you do get what you pay for

2iar
20-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi mate,

Just some discussion from a week or so ago that may be of interest.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1139549461

Good luck,
Mike

Tony_N
20-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Thanks fellas

Mike, yeh I did a search after my post, should have done it the other way 'round - thanks

Tony

2iar
20-02-2006, 09:41 AM
No worries Tony. I hope you're enjoying your new boat.

Using a cheap battery with the box provides pretty much everything that the packs do, apart from the jump leads. However, I salvaged them from the pack. So it's still a portable unit, weighs pretty much the same, and I can still take it off the boat when I need it for camping with the added bonus that it can operate as a replacement battery to run from rather than just being able to jump start a low battery.

Good luck,
Mike

Oldyella
21-02-2006, 12:35 PM
The only other difference is the fact that you have to keep the battery charged with a separate tricke charger, whereras the jumper has a built-in one.