PDA

View Full Version : 5.6mtr devil cats & 6.6mtr hydrofields

billy68
21-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Hi i am new to this forum and have the chance to buy a 5.6 mtr devil cat in very good condition with brand new 115,s, i am wondering if any body out there has anything to do with them or knows of a web site i can source some info .i previously owned a 6.1mtr hydrofield which i sold to finish my home. it was a very nice boat to ride in but had some issues when i first bought it. It was screwing side ways coming down off the back of the wave,i fixed the prblem by taking the 5 blade vengence prop of it and putting a 3 blade back on,it had to much bite,i dont know why the guy i bought it off had it on there in the first place,it rode with a constant lean to the left. I am know cashed back up and ideally would like to buy the current shape 6.6 hydrofield.Does any body know anything about this model also as i missed one on boat point before christmas in south aus. another guy from yeppoon beat me by about an hour with his deposit .

Angla
22-02-2006, 03:40 AM
The devil cats are a heavy cat. The one I went on was 23 foot with twin 115's and it needed a petrol station owner to own it.
I MEAN LARGE FUEL BILLS

Seemed very stable on water and great for tackling big waves head on with a big fishing deck too.

Angla