PDA

View Full Version : 4.5-5m snyper runabout

ericvontrap
23-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I am about to buy a new rig and have been looking at quintrex and stacer in the 4.5-5m runabout range. I have nearly settled on a stacer but I have been looking at the snyper range as well. I have been told these are a very dry and soft riding boat. Has anybody been in one and what do they ride like? Are they a strong boat? There is just too much to choose from and now i'm confused [smiley=confused.gif] I would appreciate anybodys views and help as I would like to have my new boat by easter. [smiley=cool3.gif]

laugag
22-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi Mate

Father in laws got a 4.4 snyper but added a centre console after (he says he had trouble seeing where he was going with tiller steer). I've been 20-25ks out with him on occasion and was brilliant. The snyper boats seem to have very high sides. This was a blessing because the sea turned to crud on the way home.

very affordable too I think

nigelr
23-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Nicely built boats, but I hope you get better service from them than I have received. I have made enquiries both at the factory (which is close to where I live) and via their web site and have been very dissapointed with their lack of professionalism re customer service, I get the impression they expect me to feel that they are doing me a favour by talking to me, an attitude wich pi$$es me off, quite frankly, to the point that I would be inclined to take my business elsewhere.
Boats seem good tho', hopefully you will get better service if buying from a dealer.
Personally I don't think they would be one of the cheaper craft about, I see a few of them in use in our area and a couple of aquaintances have had work done on their boats at the Snyper factory and have been happy with the results.
Cheers.

nigelr
23-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Further to the above, today I received a call from Snyper apologising for the lack of follow-up re my enquiries!
Perhaps one of the staff is an Ausfish member!
Apparently some computer trouble with sending photos etc.
I checked out a Snyper dingy when I was in the market a couple years back, it was a nice boat but at the time more costly than I could afford.
On the strength of Snypers' reply, I will certainly investigate them for my next vessel.
Cheers, not a particularly helpful reply I'm afraid, but I wanted to give you the straight story.