PDA

View Full Version : A thank you

ianspain
26-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Once again a fellow boating guy comes through!...I put in at Manly marina at 8 am today for a run over to peel with the wife and littlun. My own fault, but when i launched i found my steering cable had seized. In my ignorance i tried to loosen it purely by brute force, and a lot of ignorance! Resulting in the gears slipping in the helm unit. Decided to call it a day and went to get the trailer, and join the queue. Pissed off i asked the guy in front if he was ready to launch, as i had messed up my steering and was going home. He replied with a "no problem" and i jumped ahead. as i backed down, he came over and offered to "give the ram a tap". To cut the story short, with the help of this guy, we freed the steering and headed off to peel. All be it to turn round and come back due to the weather!
The result of this being, i am going to replace a lot of the steering system and while i am about it i will sort out a few small problems inherited when i bought the boat, my first by the way. Anyway, I didn't get the name of the guy who helped me, but i am guessing he is an Ausfish member, so, if you read this i want to express my sincere thanks. You may think nothing of it but you could have quite easily let me go past and retrieve my boat, but you took the time and trouble to help me. It's reinforced in me the reason i came to this country (yes i'm a pom!), and for that again i say thanks! hope to meet you again.
Regards
Ian

LOUIE
26-02-2006, 04:42 PM
:)Aint it just great when your confidence in human nature receives a boost like this.

LOUIE

familyman
26-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Now thats a good reason to buy those Ausfish stickers,Free rampside mechanical assistance. ;)
Anyway I've forgotten the secret handshake already ;D
Good to see there are still some people around that give a crap about a total stranger ,my faith in the human spirit is restored. :)
cheers jon

INTRUDA
26-02-2006, 06:07 PM
#:'(pity theres not more boaties around like that
# # #cheers rod