PDA

View Full Version : Sole Searching gets a Face Lift

bidkev
26-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, a bum lift actually ;D The new back deck.

kev

The lesson is what you read in the fine print. The experience is what you get when you don't.

bidkev
26-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Another.

Sportfish_5
26-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Gee that prop has had some dings ;D

mackmauler
26-02-2006, 08:20 PM
look like security rails are they to keep the vermin out or in kev??

longtail
26-02-2006, 08:25 PM
looks good kev , you still going to be able to use the ski pole??

jason

uripper
26-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Kev
Looks like clever extension - obviously designed with the kids in mind - who did the work?
Mal-M

bidkev
26-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Gee that prop has had some dings #;D

Gotta keep it nice and shiny ;D Lesson learned:...........When the deckie is leading the way in the tinny...........watch the beacons, not her wake ::)

kev

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on. ;D

bidkev
26-02-2006, 08:58 PM
look like security rails are they to keep the vermin out or in kev??

Out, mate. I can lock the gate up, and then, when we're camping at the pin, the kids can't use the rig as a diving board ::) ;D

kev

Hard work spotlights the character of people; some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all!

bidkev
26-02-2006, 09:01 PM
looks good kev , you still going to be able to use the ski pole??

jason

Don't use it mate............The insurers wanted treble if I used it for skiing............apart from the cost of juice :o Use the tinny for pulling the knee board and biscuit.

kev

Help Wanted: Telepath................... You know where to apply.

blaze
26-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi Kev
Ever thought of putting extension out the side, could fold them down when you was at the desired destination and have a floating jetty, room for every one to fish at once.
looks good but my only concerns would be the rail is a little high, better to keep the kids safe though.
cheers
blaze

noluck
26-02-2006, 10:29 PM
very good kev i like it
could u please let know how much did u pay and who did it for you
cheers no_luck

Tony_N
27-02-2006, 05:27 AM
Out, mate. I can lock the gate up, and then, when we're camping at the pin, the kids can't use the rig as a diving board ::) ;D #

hey Kev #- here's another aphorism for you

where there's a will, there's a way :)

Tony

Nice job, BTW

Mr__Bean
27-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Looks great, and opens up a great fishing platform.

Best part is all the blood and guts part is happening out the back rather than in the boat.

I could be quite wrong here, but you might want to look into another support tube under the bait board (unless it is there and I can't see it) from the photo it looks a little bit precarious out there with 4 big rods on its back.

Must give much more confidence when standing out there having a pee, instead of that "end of the diving board" feeling. ;D ;D ;D

- Darren

bidkev
27-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Kev
Looks like clever extension - obviously designed with the kids in mind - who did the work?
Mal-M

I rang round a few people Mal, but no returned calls. Seems like everyone doesn't need the business.

In the end I used Northside Marine as they supplied the rig. I know they outsource the work to one of the chaps I rang and I know that it would cost me more 'cause they need their cut, but I've had trouble with sole proprietors before, trying to get work put straight. I reckoned that if they're outsourcing work then that source is going to want to protect it's regular income. If it all goes pear shaped then Northside would sort the problem without me having to chase it up.

kev

Guests are like fish........... they start to stink after two days.

bidkev
27-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Kev
Ever thought of putting extension out the side, could fold them down when you was at the desired destination and have a floating jetty, room for every one to fish at once.
looks good but my only concerns would be the rail is a little high, better to keep the kids safe though.
cheers
blaze

Don't want anyone down there Blaze.........that's *my* space ::) ;D

Yeah, it looks high mate, but it's only 70cms. With my catch rate I don't have to worry about lifting anything heavy over the rail though, except when I'm going for a pee of course ;) ;D

kev

Ulcers are something you get from mountain climbing over molehills.

bidkev
27-02-2006, 03:15 PM
very good kev i like it
could u please let know how much did #u pay and who did it for you
cheers no_luck

Northside Marine mate, and not much change from 4 grand :o :'( Could've bought another tinny ;D

kev

War never decides who is right, only who is left.

bidkev
27-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Looks great, and opens up a great fishing platform.

Best part is all the blood and guts part is happening out the back rather than in the boat.

I could be quite wrong here, but you might want to look into another support tube under the bait board (unless it is there and I can't see it) from the photo it looks a little bit precarious out there with 4 big rods on its back.

Must give much more confidence when standing out there having a pee, instead of that "end of the diving board" feeling. ;D ;D ;D

- Darren

yeah darren, I can cook over the water now, whereas before the board was over the engine, dripping bacon fat onto the nice white cowling ;D

The bait board has 3 flat rods across it's width (underneath) which are welded to the hand rail. The rail itself seems to absorb any pressure on the board, although I won't be travelling with the rods in there as I was yesterday........better safe than sorry.

kev

We all get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads

fishin_till_late
27-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Looks great! im sure it will be quite handy and once again would be an excelent fishing platform.

westie
28-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey Kev is there room for you and me down the back, as I am like you don't have a worry about bringing anything big in over the rail.

Bloody nice though I can see the sign now ......Kev's ?issing

bidkev
28-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey Kev is there room for you and me down the back, as I am like you don't have a worry about bringing anything big in over the rail.

Bloody nice though I can see the sign now ......Kev's ?issing

Missing! ;) I just knew I should've shut that gate ;D

kev

I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives.

westie
28-02-2006, 08:26 PM
That is it, so may letters to chose from and you got it in one Kev ::)