PDA

View Full Version : TABS 475 Territory Pro / 90 Suzuki?

whykickacatalong
27-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Anyone have similar to this?

http://www.fishnet.com.au/content/fishnet/images/gallery/b85742cd-46d2-4a2e-a37e-880eac4c1f86.jpg

http://www.fishnet.com.au/content/fishnet/images/gallery/a22d695f-317e-462f-9354-0e3e2770f225.jpg

I currently have a 4mt Stacer Bass Elite (Hornet hull) with a 35hp Johno and it does everything I want it too inside a river or dams. This boat gets towed all over the place in NSW and QLD on road, off road and the beach so i am pretty happy with it. The down side is that I have moved back on the coast and am finding myself looking out the bar a bit lately, which is not an option exept on the very best of days in the curent boat. The kids are getting older now as well (7 & 5) and dont mind getting towed around on the tube which may progress to more power needed if they want to go to a board or ski's. It also is a bit small for the family. Great for 1 or 2 lure fishos but not so roomy for the family.

So I walked into the boat shop a few weeks back and saw a TABS 4.75 Territory Pro Plate Alloy which I must admit really appealed to me. It has the full height transom with a pod and transom door so is suitable for out the bar work. The setup I am looking at (customised from the boat in the pics) is with the 90 Suzuki (or a DFI Merc), 110lt Live well, Bait Well, casting deck with 2 large storage compartments, side rod locker, side console, Minnkota mount, 90lt undefloor fueltank and fully carpeted. My basic needs are 1. Must not be too big for small river work and be controlable for casting with a 55pound bowmount. 2.Boat needs to be open layout for lure fishing. 3. Alloy is needed for knocking around, ease of care. 4. Suitable for heading outside for close reefs/headlands and able to handle bar crossings. 5. suitable for the family. 6. Able to be trailered long distances and semi off road (not full on but often in low range type country) and be suitable for places like Frazer island and other beach launching. (with extended drawbar)

I have a canoe so the skinny water work can still be covered. The trailer I am looking at is an upgraded redco for the off road travel but will also be looking at a few other custom built options.

I know what I want in a boat, what I would like to know is other peoples opinion of how this style of boat will meet those above requirements. If anyone has this or similar I would be very keen to hear some feedback on how it performs for you and what you do with it. I have considered a larger bass boat like the 4.75 hornet but I have seen what these are like for the bar and aint an option, also due to quintrex's poor feedback lately I have no desire to look at there boats. Plate is the prefered option of material. My other option is to keep what i have and get a 2nd hand cuddy cab but as I dont want 2 boats it is not really a prefered option. Any help appreciated.

Alistair.

whykickacatalong
28-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Just bumping this up for another day. I am suprized there are not a few TABS owners here :-/

ShaneJ
28-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I have a 4.55 TABS Territory!
The only thing I can think to can say is that you should be looking for the biggest/strongest trailer that you can get under the boat. Most trailers will be fine if your just going from home to the local ramp, but in my case doing a lot of long highway driving the average trailers wont cut it. My first trailer broke after about 4000ks of driving within 3 weeks of owning the Boat/Trailer :(

whykickacatalong
28-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I have a 4.55 TABS Territory!
The only thing I can think to can say is that you should be looking for the biggest/strongest trailer that you can get under the boat. Most trailers will be fine if your just going from home to the local ramp, but in my case doing a lot of long highway driving the average trailers wont cut it. My first trailer broke after about 4000ks of driving within 3 weeks of owning the Boat/Trailer :(

Thats a bit of a worry. Any chance you can PM me the make of trailer (dont post on here). I am looking at 2 options, both skid types. The dealer will supply a Mackay trailer with a off road upgrade (14inch rims, extra gussets on the trailer, heavy duty drawbar and 3mm thick steel and twin skids either side of the hull). The other option is to go a custom made one which I would also have beefed up. I just got back from a 4000km trip up in QLD and tow my boat a long way on trips so the trailer has always been a high priority. I currently have a custom job under my current boat so will probably go this option again.

What sort of fishing do you do in yours? If you go outside, how does the hull handle the ocean?

peterreb
01-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Mait, mine arrived 28/2/06 I can't wait to get it on the water.It's a 5.35 Terriotory Pro C/C,just posted some pics

Cheers Peter ;D