PDA

View Full Version : eziguide & polycraft

GBC
06-03-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't understand what you are trying to achieve? Mine and most other polys had R.M. trailers which are all but self loading and offer full keel support.
Maybe I'm missing the point? Wouldn't be the first time ;)

fugnugle
07-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Could anyone please tell me how, if possible, I should fit eziguide to trailer for my 4.55 Polycraft? If fitted to rear of cross member it does not support the transom and ends up half supporting side pod. If fitted forward of c/m then it will be well forward of transom. I am aware of early problems with roller trailers [polys have skids only] and don't want to put dints in boat or worse still crack hull.

billfisher
07-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I thought the idea of the easyguide was not to support the boat but guide it on when retrieving. So as long it does that I wouldn't worry about it not touching the hull when the boat is fully on the trailer.

fugnugle
09-03-2006, 05:25 AM
I load my boat in sometimes slightly difficult waters, mostly on my own, and have actually missed the slides without knowing. The Eziguide does end up supporting the boat at rest thereby putting pressure on the hull. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with actually fitting one as they might be able to tell me. Maybe they fitted it low and levered it away and slid in wear pad, or maybe just by fitting it low it did not put too much pressure on the hull, even though it would be just the end of the roller, pointing up putting pressure on. Any help would be much appreciated. I hope this explanation is more informative.

fugnugle
10-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Am I the only person in Oz to have actually purchased an eziguide system? Surely someone out there can tell me how much pressure they have observed being placed on the underside of their hull?

billfisher
10-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Why don't you just put it clear of the transom as you mentioned?

Tony_N
10-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I haven't quite got it yet - but as I understand it - any pressure at all on the boats #hull other than the pressure exerted by the purpose-built trailer is to be avoided. #You are unlikely to hole it, but the poly boats will distort unless supported in a specific way only(ie by way of the purpose-built trailer). If you can set up the eziguide somewhere that it will capture the nose of the boat enough to set it straight on the runners as you drive up AND it can avoid touching the boat when it is properly settled on the trailer, then you are in business.

If I am simply stating the obvious (and it seems to me I am) - please excuse, as I said, I didn't quite get what the question was.

Tony

fugnugle
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Ok Tony. It seems I am unable to put my question and must admit defeat. I no longer live in hope. I was looking for answers and recieved only questions. Exit stage left

billfisher
11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Fugnugle,

You got an answer. Just rig it so its clear of the hull when the boat is fully on the trailer, but still guides the boat on.