PDA

View Full Version : Each member should get a free ausfish sticker

ahoj
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
We have to identify each other-- what do you say to the management?
;)

fish-n-dive
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I like the idea...................though someone would have to pay...................maybe the industry wholesalers/retailers?

It could also be a great political statement..........1000's of boats and cars getting around with the logo which would imply the large size of this sector of society. ;)

Cheers

imported_admin
04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
If you would like to help support the site, let everyone know that you are a supporter of Ausfish, and just give a small amount back for all the help and information you have gained from the site, you can purchase the stickers at
http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/

fish-n-dive
04-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Steve,

Your point is valid but, I think the reality would be that more people would use them if they were free ;) . Having said that, I'll go with what we have now and order a couple........two for the boat, one for the car.

Cheers

Figjamm
04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Steve,

Your point is valid but, I think the reality would be that more people would use them if they were free ;)

We already use these chat boards for free, isn't that enough? I hate to imagine what it costs Steve to keep a website with this much traffic running.

banshee
04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Let's see, 11,500 members ,I doubt they could be made for a dollar but if they could.......,I think the boss fella might have a better use for that sort of money?

Tony_N
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Cheap, tax- deductable advertising @ $1ea - but unfortunately they probably do cost more, plus #there is postage/handling which would be more than a miserable $.

$5 ea for the smaller ones seems fair to me #- maybe a substantially bigger discount for 2 #or more since the postage would be the same.

Its always good to see the stickers on boats and to go have a chat with fellow ausfishers. #A bit like a semi-permanent tat, really. I think I'm happy to buy mine.

ahoj
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
I felt sure that AUSFISH is going to say something... but what a promotion ----- ausfish--- can start a political party with so many members and there are some clever pescatores here-- surely would make good Party. Come on BOSS--- first 100 stickers free ..... sort of a joke i feel

Ahoj

Spaniard_King
04-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Ahoj, what a great Idea free stickers for everyone who wants to pay to use the chat board ::)... errr I will buy mine thanks

I gave up tryin to get somethin for nuthin ages ago

Garry

westie
04-03-2006, 07:11 PM
FREE stickers, NO worries if you buy 1 sticker Steve will give you the second one FREE every time.

Steve is a charity so he will have no problems with it I am sure, $13.00 for ONE and get the other one FREE.

Just mention the Skum Bag Promotion :-* :-*

troy
04-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Ahoj if you were the the owner of this site would you give out free stickers .
Mate you better think of the costs before you post that type of you no what.
Have you owned your owned business.
Small business owners are flat out breaking even today and are not in the position to give away anything.
Troy

Sportfish_5
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Must have been a heavy arvo session ::)

ahoj
04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I already have mine ------- have you?

Spaniard_King
04-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Yep, I got 4 :)

Darryl
04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Better get a couple more cutters and order those extra rolls of vinyl Stevo. ;D

22000 stickers, christ your power bill will be up this week. ;D

charleville
04-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Steve,

Your point is valid but, I think the reality would be that more people would use them if they were free ;)

Steve has included free stickers when I have ordered other boat stickers from him, eg boat name and rego numbers.

Alas, I have not affixed said free Ausfish stickers to the boat. So there goes that theory.

BTW, the quality of what he supplies is terrific so I am happy to endorse his stickers but it is not true that simply because something is free that people will use it. Tap water is free but the joke of the twenty-first century has to be that people are willing to pay real dollars to lug home bottles of water from supermarkets. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

staino
04-03-2006, 11:07 PM
If you read the threads on "do I need a bilge pump" & "confession time, leaving the bungs out" the responses from experienced fellow boaties could one day save your life, but YOU want stickers for free.
cheers staino.

al-straddie
05-03-2006, 07:57 AM
We already use these chat boards for free, isn't that enough? I hate to imagine what it costs Steve to keep a website with this much traffic running.

Well said! ;)

onerabbit
07-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I already wanted Ausfish stickers for my boat, but after reading this thread a few days ago, I decided to show a bit of support for Steve & the site we all enjoy & happily ordered & paid for my own.

Even if Steve could supply us with "free" stickers, at $6 each for postage...........with how many members?????????

I didnt mind at all spending the $20 to be identified, both with & by, other Ausfish members.

Muzz

finga64
07-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I think the last couple of days would be a prime example why members should give a little bit (or more if so desire) of their hard earned cash to Steve.
Without the cash how do you think Steve could have fixed the little problem of a server going down.
No cash, no Ausfish. Now that's a problem :-[ :'(

Gbanger
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
buy one and support the site... posting on the forums doesnt keep the site hosting and maintenance paid for...

lippa
09-03-2006, 07:37 PM
ordering mine now,

cheers

lippa

Arlon
10-03-2006, 01:43 AM
We have a sticker for a texas fishing forum that is easy to spot. We buy them for a small fee that covers postage, cost of the stickers and a few bucks to support the servers for the sight. An "ausfish.com" sticker next to my "2coolfishing.com" would be nice. Mine is in the back windo of my pickup. People do notice them and it has led to a few conversation in the supermarket parking lot.. Arlon

Hoges
10-03-2006, 05:53 AM
We have a sticker for a texas fishing forum that is easy to spot.
People do notice them and it has led to a few conversation in the supermarket parking lot.. Arlon

Could you post a photo of the sticker or a link to view one?
Being Texas it has to be a big one no? ;D

Lone_Wolf
10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Everything that is worth something has a price. $13 is pittance for the privilege.

ahoj
11-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi Ausfishers,
Thank you all for using your priorities in buying your stickers. I didn't think there would be too many MISERS amongst you..... that would be waiting for a freeby.
The idea was to identify us as chat members to meet at waterways and wave with a grin and knowing-- look there goes another Ausfish looney lol

Your sticker is your conversation opener---- Best of luck with your boats and your fishing.

Ahoj

P.S.water is now cooler 26c @ Barumba dam and more fish activity

Scalem
11-03-2006, 09:20 PM
The last server quote I did for a business was a midrange Hewlett Packard ML350 G4 with a few nice bits including backup drive and software running 4 Scsi Hard disks, Windows 2003 SBS operating System.... Easily between 10K and 15K if it's all set up properly....

Not knowing what server problems the guys have had recently, I am not going to quibble about paying $20.90 for a pair of stickers and be part of a free website, where tonnes of data has to go somewhere.......

I look forward to seeing my stickers within the next coupla days ;)

Scalem