PDA

View Full Version : BioDiesel = $0.20 cents/litre

fish-n-dive
13-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I've got a friend who makes his own biodiesel from used "fish shop chip oil" :o and it only cost him .20 cents/ litre to run his car. [smiley=laola.gif]I was just wondering if anyone is using this in their boats (diesel of course)!!!

Cheers 8-)

unhappyseajaybuyer
13-03-2006, 05:15 PM
have herd of it in deisel boats but heard u hav to start on normal deisel till engine is warm as it burns at higher temp and cleaner

ahoj
14-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Argentina is going to be self relient on its own sugar cane for fuel in 7 years there is one country that pulls 2 fingers to Arabs....lol
Ahoj

you think we would be smart enough to do it also with so much sugacane here--- It will happen when our Gov will figure out how much exise it will charge.......

fish-n-dive
14-03-2006, 04:32 PM
have herd of it in deisel boats but heard u hav to start on normal deisel till engine is warm as it burns at higher temp and cleaner

Nope, works just fine on it's own starts every time!!!! His car smells like popcorn when it's running !!! ;D

Was doing some research on the net today and during the WW's 1&2, methanol was pretty common to run cars as well!!!

Cheers 8-)

StevenM
14-03-2006, 08:00 PM
If you are thinking abiut it I would get advise from your engine manufacturer if its in or out of warranty

Arlon
15-03-2006, 01:24 AM
One of the guys here in US with a diesel panga like mine has it set up to run on home made biodiesel. He has a fue heater in it though. No details yet but he is hoping to have the kinks worked out and running for this summer season. I'm keeping close tabs on his progress. Arlon

elleburra
15-03-2006, 12:35 PM
can't speak for a boat diesel but our 80hp tractor runs fine on it.
Trouble is the bloody dog follows the tractor for miles thinking there's some fish and chips on offer.

Only reservation I would have is using it in one of the small high performance diesel engines in some of the latest cars.

Also the sludge by-product of the process makes great hand cleaner.