PDA

View Full Version : Stessco Fun Seeker 485

Fat Chilli
13-03-2006, 10:48 AM
G'day folks,

Contemplating the purchase of a 2002 Stessco Funseeker 485, 50hp Honda 4 stroke.
Has any one on here had any experience with them, I have read on here that some of the earlier Stessco's had quality issues etc. But for those with them, how do you find them? Does the 50hp have enough pony's to satify you? What are you experience with 3 or more onboard etc. What would be a good (fair) price for it?

Cheers.

Fat Chilli
14-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Anyone :o

Swerve
15-03-2006, 11:34 AM
G'day folks,

Contemplating the purchase of a 2002 Stessco Funseeker 485, 50hp Honda 4 stroke.
Has any one on here had any experience with them, I have read on here that some of the earlier Stessco's had quality issues etc. But for those with them, how do you find them? Does the 50hp have enough pony's to satify you? What are you experience with 3 or more onboard etc. What would be a good (fair) price for it?

Cheers.

Again sounds like a small engine for a 485, what is the max engine size the boat can handle ?

Steve

Fat Chilli
16-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Their web info/specs states a 75hp is max, the 50hp was apparently a common package size outboard on these. I have had an outboard warranty check done with Honda and the outboard was never warrantied from new, so this leads me to believe that it may have been used commercially, as they will not warranty commercially used outboards. Then thrown on the stessco after traded to sell a boat that had been in the yard for a while etc. If this is the case I won't touch it; however if the owner has the warranty paperwork then it may have just been an error that the warranty was not submitted (but I can't see anyone missing out on a warranty after spend that sort of $$$).
After requesting the warranty and initial sales reciepts 3 times now the owner is hiding :-X. Hmmmm.