PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter warrior 6.2, over priced or what $

Magneto
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Haines Hunter Warrior, clean unit from a dealer. Going down to see him tomorrow but I reckon it's over the top by $7,000.What do you think?????????
Dealer Quote as follows
"What a boat. Legendary Haines Hunter at its best. This rig has the lot from Targa Bimini and clears , to rear sunshade, full storage cover for the whole boat, Hummingbird Sounder, Gme 27meg radio and stereo. Massive underfloor storage, plumbed live bait tank and deck wash. Folding rear lounge and the passengers seat has storage under and a extra seat at the rear. Powered by a massive low hour Johnson 150hp outboard and all sitting on a full drive on multi-roller trailer with electric winch. Total rig is spotless and will impress so rush in to see why these boats are one the best around today."
The boat is a1997 model with only 109 hours on the clock.Tried to show you a photo but failed.......

Length: 6.2m (20.3ft)

Hull: GRP

Price: $43,990

snappa
03-03-2006, 08:37 PM
check out the "for sale"

Magneto
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes Snapper, Iam currently doing that research. I am not sure how the dealers work their percentage on that value. On past experience at a guess I say $6000.00 was markup. What do you think about %.I would like to find out who the owner is and deal directly with him. That way I may save some money for a good sounder.
Can anybody give me any idea how the percentages work...regarding dealers
cheers

noluck
04-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Klick here
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1133266003
cheers no_luck

Jack_Montana
07-03-2006, 08:07 AM
109 hours in 8 years,my Ar$e.Who spends 45k on a fishing boat and uses it 13 hours a year!!!!!

I was just reading about this model today in Jeff Webster's secondhand fishing boat guide and he says "one of my favourite boats in the catergory of offshore fishing rigs.It's a ripper boat,big beamy,soft riding,safe and immensely stable and beautifully finished.It has everything you need in an offshore fishing rig."

His recommended price range is around 36k.You're always going to pay over the odds at a dealer.Dealerships are full of overpriced boats that sit there for months.

I'd be sus on those hours.

hoga
07-03-2006, 05:58 PM
dont know about mark up but rig is same as mine but i have the 175 ipaid about that for it new
hoga

Magneto
20-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks Jack for the information. ;)
I went back and told them it's overpriced and offered them 38k but no go.
I have to admit it spotless and I found out the owner is one of them fly in and fly out mine workers. those guys are loaded
so what a few dollars to him. :o.
anyway I rang and offered him 40k considing the low hours, elect trailer winch and since it has camper covers which I wasn't told about until now.
No 42k is it so I am told, so I am letting they stew on it while I continue to look around..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Magneto
22-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey Jack, I found some of Jeff Websters Books which one are you quoting from and what year.
This is the most recent one that was listed that I could find.
Jeff Websters Top 100 Secondhand Trailerboats ~ Webster Jeff ~ ~ Australian$14
Published by Webster Jeff Published in December 2003 Boating Fisheries
Cheers Mag