PDA

View Full Version : Moreton

Javelin
26-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Guys,
I need some advice.
I have a 5.1M fibreglass centre console and I love to go camping and fishing on Moreton with my wife and child. I will be targeting the Cowan artificial reef, the drop off and the beacons that are close to the Cowan camping ground . If I transport the fibreglass boat over to the Island, what are my chances of launching and retrieving where the barge lands on Moreton(Tangoolooma).
My concerns are that I will either bog my Prado or damage the fibreglass
boat when retrieving it (Iwould love to take it).
I do understand that I will need a extended drawbar etc.

My other option would be to take a 12FT tinny with a 15 HP over to the island. Would this size boat be just as much fun even though you have less comfort and free board.

Angla
26-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I think the small tinny would be more fun and less effort. Having said that, If you have launched from a beach before and know the problems then that could be good too as there would be plenty of helpers if things do get boggy.
Go the easy road for my thought unless you are after the experience

Angla

Javelin
26-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Angla,
I was with my uncle at BULWER last year and we had heaps of trouble launching and retrieving a 6m POLY boat. Looking at the water where the CAT lands at Tangalooma , I thought it looked pretty promising for launching and retrieving a glass boat.

JAVELIN

2iar
26-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Take the tinnie - it'll save you heaps of hassle and worry. Piece of cake to launch pretty much anywhere on the Western side, and if you're only heading where you've mentioned, you don't need the range of the glass boat.

Good luck,
Mike

Fishinmishin
26-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah...go the tinnie for trips in close to moreton. Much easier and good fun when you connect to a big fella that drags you around for a bit.....until someone lets the rod go overboard before falling overboard >:(. Simplicity is the key to holidays IMHO ;).

Fishinmishin
26-03-2006, 11:15 PM
...and retreives are a breeze ;D.
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
26-03-2006, 11:16 PM
...and retreives are a breeze ;D.
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
26-03-2006, 11:18 PM
....what happened to the option to delete your own posts??? :(

StevenM