PDA

View Full Version : Battery for Minkota 42lb

BlitzBaga
31-03-2006, 06:28 PM
This topic has probably been around several times before, so here's another time around.

What is a good sized battery for a 42lb electric and where is the best place to get one, even seconds might be an option here, there is another guy at work that wants to buy a couple of them as well.

I was actually hoping to get the electric fitted before the bassin comp at Boondoomba but cant get the welding done in time.

Cheers
Murray

Smithy
04-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Murray,

Remember David Hine from the ABTs? He is selling some UPS ones for $50. Mine is dead allready after a couple of months and Les Kowitz had the same problem yet others have had good runs out of them. Anyway that is the risk you take for $50. You could get 3 off him for the price of one from the shops. From time to time other UPS batteries come up cheap on sites like this. I wouldn't buy new because of that. Try Dave's link.

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb_/viewtopic.php?t=3162

BlitzBaga
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks Smithy, Yes I know David and Les was who gave me the bow mounting ideas. Trev is going to lend me one of his for Boondooma the weekend and he is going to check prices with someone he knows. If your going on the weekend we'll see you up there.

Cheers
Murray