PDA

View Full Version : NOTICE TO MARINERS

Bosunsmate
04-04-2006, 08:35 PM
How often do you check the Notices To Mariners web site....for the Townsville boaties this is relevant.......

QUEENSLAND
NOTICE TO MARINERS
179 (Temporary) of 2006
TOWNSVILLE PILOTAGE AREA
LOCALITY: ROSS RIVER
ACTIVITY: DREDGING OPERATIONS
Mariners are advised that the dredge "Kikilu" will be operating in the Ross River between the
river mouth and 10 Terminal upstream from 15 March 2006 until the end of June 2006. Vessels
are advised to stay well clear of the dredge, tenders and pipelines in the interests of safety.
Dredge will be monitoring VHF channels 16 and 12 and exhibiting appropriate lights and shapes.
AUS Charts Affected – 256, 257
Maritime Safety Queensland Charts Affected: None
NOTE: Latitude and longitude positions on WGS84 horizontal datum (compatible with GDA94 datum).
For further information about this Notice, please contact:
The Townsville Regional Harbour Master’s office on 07 4726 3400.
Authorised by: DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER (MARITIME SAFETY QUEENSLAND)
Issued: Brisbane, 15 March 2006

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qldntm

seatime
04-04-2006, 09:13 PM
With a tag like yours I would have thought uknew the answer,

nonibbles
05-04-2006, 01:34 AM
How do you stay well clear of something that is sitting right in the middle of the channel at the mouth between a rockwall and a sandbar?

Bosunsmate
05-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi nonibbles,

Its pretty damn hard to miss from what I've heard, have'nt wet a line for quite a while and even longer since the boat last got wet.....All in good time. :P :P :P just wish time would move along a bit quicker sometimes....

Hey gelsec,

Hmmm the tag was the only thing I could think of back when I started out in here, but I see the point you're making... ;)

Cheers guys

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Just for the record. Bosunsmate, can you post this in Fishing News ?

cheers Phill