PDA

View Full Version : Where to go on Wednesday night

reevesey
10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
G'day, I own an older style 18ft half cabin cruisecraft, i want to take my wife and two girls aged 13 and 11 out fishing over night on wednesday night but don't know where to go. BOM predict that we will have 5/10 knots in the morning and 10 /15 NE in the afternoon. I was hoping someone could give me some ideas. The places that i am thinking of are either Peel Island, the wrecks near Tangalooma, Curtain, or one of the channels near Slipping sands. We will be sleeping in the boat.

Thanks.

MulletMan
10-04-2006, 05:42 PM
To please the Missus and the ankle biters, I would be heading down to the slipping sands myself!
Even the sniff of a south easter at Horseshoe Bay on Peel can make for a pretty sloppy night.
Tangalooma can also be a bit messy in any wind west of due north and south and if you do get caught there, pretty hard to find better shelter and a long way home as well.
I would give the Curtain Artificial Reef a miss as it has no protection whatsoever.

Nonetheless with the forecast light winds, anywhere would be great for the MEN, but the chics get a bit toey if it isn't like a billiard table!

Seahorse
10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
just take the rid or nuggetts recipie

reevesey
10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks mate, I'll probably end up somewhere down at the pin anyway and catch bugger all :-/ Where are your mates when you need them ;)

craigie
11-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Head off down the Nerang River on the Gold Coast, and fish for a few Whiting. Very few Mossies, flat protected waterway. The girls will love looking at the million dollar homes and all the lights !!
Throw in a few Crab Pots for good measure.

Cheers
Craigie.

MrWong
11-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Go to Curtain and or lay up behind the wrecks at Tangalooma if it gets windy - the forecast says it wont ... whats the point of going fishing if you dont go somewhere where you may get a fish!
The winds meant to be no more than 5-10 from the east that puts the whole west side of Moreton a bowling green......
Each to there own but I knowwhere i would be:)