PDA

View Full Version : Rocket launchers

lenm
10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Thought I'd put up a photo of some rod holders I made recently out of a single piece of 3 Inch mandrel bend alloy tube.
The 6 rod holding tubes petrude inside & go to the bottom of the 3 Inch pipe & then welded along the top.
The 2 small plates on top are for mounting outrigger bases.
Turned out to be very strong & light (you can swing off it!!) - an alternative to multiple pieces of small diameter stainless tubing. #Just need to treat the alloy to stop discolouring.

Darryl
11-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Lenm how did you bend the pipe mate. I have a truck load of this stuff and would like to do the same.

finga64
11-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Crestcutter:-
muffler shop??
Want to sell some?? ::)

Lemn:-
Yes, very nice job. Powder coating or 2 pack paint would be nice to keep everything nice and spiffy
Did you drill a couple of holes in the bottom to let any water, that may get in, get out??
I got caught with some seat pedestals I made for the boat. Filled up with water when I washed it Ooops ;)
Cheers Scott

Fishin_Dan
11-04-2006, 10:19 AM
lenm - I'd be very interested to talk to you if you would be keen to do some custom work ;)

Darryl
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Finga, when i said i have a tonne i MEANT it lol.

Not all pipe tho have a lot of aluminum boxing etc.

Will post a photo if ya like.

Ps, i thought you needed to apply heat to bend ally???

lenm
11-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Crestcutter - The pipe is around 4mm wall diameter & was bent on a mandrel pipe bender (at a place in Brisbane that makes bull bars for trucks).
PM me if you want their details - they didn't charge much. I did the rest myself.

Scott - Yea their are small holes in the base of the legs to let out any water.

Fishing_Dan - Sorry mate I haven't even enough time to work on my own boat lately - but PM me if you want any advise on making your own.

lenm
11-04-2006, 06:06 PM
On the cat

longtail
11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
looks good mate ;) best part i bet it cost bugger all

jason

Az
11-04-2006, 07:56 PM
neat work mate
looks great