PDA

View Full Version : Generous marine dealer

strongy
18-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Ive been worried about my HONDA 30 4st since my 12 mthly service at a north side marine dealer and decided that now that ive got time and the space to have a good check myself. Now since i got it back its got a vibration is noisey and leaks oil , never did before 2003 MODEL , ok lets fix the oil leak i thought , IF they did the tappets then it probably will be the tappet cover . Off with the engine cover and a look around , hmm pull out the dip stick and HEY there is oil to the top of the dip stick tube and running over :o. I drained it and low and behold this generous marine shop has given me 400mls to much oil, not bad when it only needs 1.6 lts (no filter) for a change. May be they weren`t so generous with the amount i was charged i`d say it was well and truely built in to the cost (grrr) >:( PS when it needs work i`m towing to caloudra marine ,,once bitten...

StevenM
18-04-2006, 06:16 PM
they were not generous, you paid for the extra 400ml and at a rediculassss price.

makes you wonder what you pay for at times

Spaniard_King
18-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Strongy,

maybe the apprentice was feeling generous and no one had pointed out thats its not good practice to over fill em :-/

Garry

john_laura
18-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Was the dealership informed of this?

They cant stop the problem if they dont know about it

John.

strongy
18-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Gary shame your not closer ,i`d give you my work.. Confidence in my gear and that "peace of mind" feeling when i`m on the water mean a lot to me and when poor workmanship becomes apparent and the standard is less than desired as is the case here ,it can erode the secure feeling you should have when you have a "Dealer service" and make you think what else has or hasn`t been done , ooh yes i`m checking what i can.

revs57
18-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Strongy...

Why not give Jon Eadie a call...ex neptune marine and now gone into business for himself mobile...what he doesn't know across the board isn't worth knowing...does a great job, doesn't break the bank and backs his work

0407-738-731

Cheers

Rhys

strongy
18-04-2006, 09:01 PM
john , i was given the run around right from when i dropped my boat of, that was booked in with 3 weeks notice and it sat in their yard for 3 days , and i was still nice and courteoues and all smiley ,at least , i thought i had got a proper service for my $390 , and now take time off work go back and tell them what i already know , that the service i got from them was sub standard , hell they might want to see my engine and take their 400ml back. ;D

strongy
18-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks revs57 will keep him in mind and i know someone else that could use him also, father in laws got a 773 haines with a couple 225 mariners needing a service , cheers

john_laura
18-04-2006, 09:58 PM
They migh realise that they left the 400ml of the invoice.

unhappyseajaybuyer
19-04-2006, 03:05 PM
maybe this is why i like two strokes a manual and bit of know how caN SAVE U A MINT I CHECK AND CHANGE MY GEAR BOX OIL EVERY 3 MONTHS REGARDLESS IT WILL ALWAYS TELL U IF THERE IS A LEAK 10 BUCKS TWO PLUGS FROM REPCO 4 BUCKS IF IT RUNS ROUGH CHECK NEEDLE THEY GET BLOCKED OR JUST ACUMULATE CRAP IMPELLOR COST 18 DOLLORS FIT IN 20 MIN AND GENARALLY CHEC AND TIGHTEN NUTS AND BOLTS AS NEC I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW THEY CAN CHARGE LIKE A WOUNDED BULL I SAVE HEAPS AND GIVES ME MORE TIME ON WATER