PDA

View Full Version : is this a good buy

Ardgo
19-04-2006, 07:37 PM
hey guys

i'm new here, but anyway cut to the chase

i've just got my boat lisence and looking for a new boat, which i have spotted, which is a quintrex 375 dart. it has a 15hp mercury, false floor, bimi top, trailer and all safety gear.

the boat is 9 months old and still has a 2 yr warranty going on it. the owner is selling it thro a reputable business and no longer has time to use it. The boat has only had 5 hrs done to it. it's selling for $4.400 and was bought brand new for $5.600

we are taking it for a test spin on the weekend, so if anyone has any info of what to look out for, can you plz tell me.

if you want more info on the boat so as to give me better stuff to look outfor plz ask

thanks alot
Ardgo

steveg1100
19-04-2006, 08:08 PM
It sounds like you are buying a brand new boat with such low hours still 2 years warranty. Just do your research I'm not sure of the brand new price for this type of boat. Ring a few dealers and see what price they can do a brand newie for.

StevenM
19-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Ardgo

5561 new mate

heres a link

http://www.quintrex.com.au/view_boat.aspx?stockc=BS37DT2LQMT#specs

cheers

steven

john_m
19-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Ardgo

It sounds okay $1000 saving from new

But as said above ring around a few dealers and get some prices
but the $5500 is a rrp price with finance available on that
so if you go in with cash you will probably get a boat cheaper.

I did a little research on the net and here is a link

http://www.sundownmarine.com.au/boats/usedboats/default.asp?cid=25

cheers hope it helps

MulletMan
20-04-2006, 09:36 AM
My neighbour had almost an identical boat and was very impressed with it.
Just remember that this is quite a small boat and more suited to the foreshores, creeks etc. in good weather.
Not saying you can't use it anywhere with caution but don't tangle with open waters if possible.
Hope you enjoy it!

Coontakinta
20-04-2006, 11:08 AM
If its only 9 months old and the seller has nothing to hide, then get him to show u the sales docket and then u'll know exactly how much it cost. ;)