PDA

View Full Version : Bay star hydro steering leak

PeterT
18-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Just had my 100 hour service on the 115 suzi 4 stroke. 4 moths old. Only fault is a leak in the hydraulic steering at the head.

The head will have to be removed and sent to Bris. They said that they have another 2 units sold in December that have to go back.

Any other similar experiences?

pete

john_laura
18-04-2006, 09:47 PM
What is the brand of your steering unit and wear is it leaking from?

Where are you based PeterT
John

vermin
19-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I have the baystar hydro steering and find that I get a bit of leakage around the bung on the head unit when out in the sun for a whil. My marine shop that installed it said that it is due to being a bit full and it should sort itself out (I'm waiting to see about that). He also said that if you mount the helm on a surface that isn't perfeclty flat then you'll get leaks.

Geoff.

MrWong
19-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey there heres some imput:
Just had my 100 hour service on the 115 suzi 4 stroke. 4 months old. Only fault is a leak in the hydraulic steering at the head.
I also have a 115hp Suzi 4 stroke with the same Baystar steering - it is 5 months old has 80 hours up.............. it also has a slight leak in the steering head unit at the bung..... Has been there since day one and has been percieved as a īts all good dont stress by the servicing agents and the initial purchase dealer :-/

I have the baystar hydro steering and find that I get a bit of leakage around the bung on the head unit
exactly same here mate ...... maybe its a fault in a batch or maybe its normal!
Hmmmm has me thinking now !
Cheers
Norm

John_R
21-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Does this cause any problem with steering or is it just cosmetic? If oil is leaking then air will be getting in and you would expect this to be a problem sooner or later.

I was considering getting this for my boat, but not so sure now. :-/